Happy Christmas Eve!
For this post, I had originally planned to do a cinnamon roll recipe to recreate all of my warm and cozy Christmas morning memories. Obviously – I didn’t get to it. Plan B was to make a cinnamon roll smoothie – all of the goodness of cinnamon rolls but in a healthier format. But then I realized, who am I kidding? A smoothie will never be a cinnamon roll, so instead, I’m sharing the yummy coffee-spiked smoothie that we’ve been making all week and really enjoying. It’s creamy and filling and it won’t leave you with that carb/sugar overload feeling. What it will leave you with is more energy for opening presents and it’ll make you feel better about having a cocktail and a few cookies later in the day!
Happy Holidays, friends & Smoothie Cheers!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2-4 tablespoons concentrated cold brew coffee or espresso
- 4 ice cubes
- ¾ cup almond milk, more as needed to blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon maca powder, optional*
- 1 heaping tablespoon vanilla protein powder, optional*
- 1 medjool date or sweetener of your choice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, as needed.
This recipe was inspired by the Winter Smoothie on The Fresh Exchange.
Milk Glasses from Anthropologie.