Happy Christmas Eve!
For this post, I had originally planned to do a cinnamon roll recipe to recreate all of my warm and cozy Christmas morning memories. Obviously – I didn’t get to it. Plan B was to make a cinnamon roll smoothie – all of the goodness of cinnamon rolls but in a healthier format. But then I realized, who am I kidding? A cinnamon smoothie will never be a cinnamon roll, so instead, I’m sharing this yummy coffee smoothie that we’ve been making all week and really enjoying. This Cinnamon Coffee Smoothie is creamy and filling, and it won’t leave you with that carb/sugar overload feeling. What it will leave you with is more energy for opening presents, and it’ll make you feel better about having a cocktail and a few cookies later in the day!
Happy Holidays, friends & Coffee Smoothie Cheers!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2-4 tablespoons concentrated cold brew coffee or espresso
- 4 ice cubes
- ¾ cup almond milk, more as needed to blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon maca powder, optional*
- 1 heaping tablespoon vanilla protein powder, optional*
- 1 medjool date or sweetener of your choice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, as needed.
This recipe was inspired by the Winter Smoothie on The Fresh Exchange.
Milk Glasses from Anthropologie.