Rich & creamy chocolate smoothies made with banana and almond milk. Vegan and Gluten free.
Now that January is over and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I think it’s time to trade in our kale drinks for rich & creamy chocolate-y treats. Because we’ve been good after-all… haven’t we?
Something you might not expect that’s a fixture in our fridge is chocolate almond milk. Jack drinks a mocha with it every morning. And he occasionally makes us milk-less milkshakes (kindly accommodating for my my lactose intolerance). He doesn’t cook often but two of his designated tasks are: 1. Coffee Pour-er, and 2. Blender-man.
This is his most recent blended treat… frozen bananas with chocolate almond milk and gooey almond butter… and a dash of cinnamon for a spicy unexpected twist.
chocolate almond breeze smoothie
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Chocolate Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of ice (or freeze your chocolate milk and skip the ice)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional - espresso powder
- coconut cream
- cinnamon or cocoa powder for dusting
- Blend all ingredients together, taste and adjust to your liking (more banana, more almond milk, more almond butter, etc). You can make it as light or as rich and thick as you prefer.
- Top with a scoop of coconut cream and a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa.
- Coconut cream: open a can of full fat coconut milk in the freezer overnight, spoon the thick part off the top & stir it until smooth.