Happy almost-fourth of July!
After traveling through Europe for nearly a month, Jack and I are ready to celebrate the USA by, well, sleeping and probably sleeping some more. We don’t have any big weekend plans, but we’ll probably be firing up the grill at least once or twice, especially to make this creamy & spicy grilled corn on the cob. Corn isn’t exactly a… featured ingredient in France, Norway, or Denmark. It’s good to be home.
This recipe starts with a super yummy lick-the-spoon-clean sort of sauce. It’s made with Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and a little serrano chile for a little kick. Pulse it in a food processor brush it onto freshly grilled corn. It’s summer side dish heaven.
If you’ve been following for long, you’ll already know how obsessed I am with Sir Kensington’s all natural non-GMO verified condiments – their ketchup is amazing on Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, their Spicy Brown Mustard is perfect for pretzels, and if you haven’t made these Oyster Mushroom Po’ Boy’s yet, I suggest you put them on your summer to-do list.
For a vegan option, just fyi – this recipe also works great with their Fabanaise vegan mayo.
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (with stems), more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus extra slices for serving
- ⅓ serrano chile (more, to taste)
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- sea salt
- 4 to 6 ears of fresh corn
- feta cheese, optional
- pinch of chile powder, optional
- In a small food processor, combine the avocado mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime, serrano, garlic powder, onion powder and a few generous pinches of salt. Pulse until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill and clean the corn, pulling back the husks and removing the silks. Grill for about 8 minutes, rotating until char marks form on all sides. Remove from the grill and brush liberally with the sauce and remaining cilantro. Top with feta cheese and pinches of chile powder, if using. Serve with extra lime slices on the side.
This post was created in partnership with Sir Kensington’s whose all-natural condiments are always in our fridge. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking.