Chickpea Radicchio Wraps - a healthy lunch or plant-based appetizer. These wraps are filled with chickpeas and drizzled with basil-oil. Vegan and Gluten Free.
I just can’t get enough of non-bread wrappy things lately, so I was very excited when this cute little radicchio head showed up in my vegetable delivery box last week. Not that there’s anything wrong with bread, (and I did eat cake for breakfast this morning), but I’m trying to eat a bit lighter overall. And I just love the crunch of these crisp radicchio leaves.
Do you all get a CSA box? If you don’t, I highly recommend subscribing to one. I’m not going to lie, it can be a little overwhelming. You’ll ask “what the heck is kohlrabi and what do I even do with it.” But you’ll figure out how to be resourceful and cook with what you have around, rather than heading to the store for exact ingredients for an exact recipe.
And yes, I could have picked up radicchio at the store, but I wouldn’t have thought to make these little cuties had one not shown up at my door.
chickpea radicchio wraps
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- a good splash of olive oil
- a good squeeze of lemon & a bit of the zest
- ½ clove minced garlic
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper
- 2 big handfuls of a mix of basil & parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of half a lemon (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper
- 1 small head of radicchio
- chopped parsley & more red pepper flakes for garnish
- Mix all chickpea ingredients together & coarsely mash. Set aside in the fridge for 15-30 minutes (or make a day ahead). Taste & adjust seasonings.
- Make the basil-parsley oil by pulsing all ingredients together in a food processor. Taste & adjust.
- Spoon chickpea mix into radicchio cups and top with a little basil-parsley oil.