Warning: these are super addictive. A great healthy snack… but if you work from home like I do, they will call to you more often than a nagging client. They call me at breakfast time for a sweet pick me up with my morning coffee. Around 2pm for a post-lunch treat. Maybe again around 4pm for a post-post lunch treat…
And since you’ll have eaten them all day long, you might want a change of pace for dessert that night. Warm one (or two) of them and crumble over your ice cream.
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, oat flour, oats, chocolate chips, nuts, cranberries, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup & coconut oil. Pour into the carrot mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop 1-inch balls onto 2 cookie sheets. The dough will be very crumbly and be a little difficult to keep together, but that’s ok.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.