Looking for new brunch ideas? Try one of our 60 best brunch recipes! With plenty of sweet and savory options, we've got something for everyone.
I think brunch might just be the most popular meal out there, and for good reason. A perfect combination of breakfast and lunch, it’s a meal you savor on relaxed mornings, and it’s a time to load up on fresh, healthy foods as well as sweet indulgences. If you’re looking for ideas for anything from a big Christmas brunch to a lazy weekend meal for two, you’re sure to find something you love below. Filled with easy, doable, and delicious recipes, this list is divided between sweet brunch ideas and savory brunch ideas. In addition, there’s a small section of brunch-worthy beverages at the end.
Sweet Brunch Recipes
1. Cinnamon Rolls
I make these homemade cinnamon rolls every year for the holidays. Soft, gooey, and easy to make, they’re always a hit with family and friends!
2. My Favorite Banana Pancakes
These banana pancakes are soft, well-spiced, and full of delicious banana flavor. I use a blend of whole wheat pastry flour and oat flour to make them, so they’re healthier than your average pancake, and they also happen to be vegan!
Custardy, lightly sweet, and golden brown, this French toast recipe is the perfect weekend brunch.
When I’m making french toast for a group, I turn to this baked french toast. Made with challah, almond milk, and a brown sugar topping, it’s decadant & delicious.
5. Healthy Banana Bread
I can’t imagine a better brunch than thick slices of banana bread alongside something savory (read on for ideas!). Made with almond flour, it’s super moist & nutty. Add in the fact that it’s easy to make & nicely spiced, and you have a loaf that checks all the banana bread boxes.
6. Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes from Love & Lemons Every Day (page 37)
It comes as no surprise that I’m crazy for these lemon pancakes, but try them, and I’m sure you will be too. The lemon juice goes perfectly with the cornmeal base. Blueberries for serving are highly recommended. 🙂
7. Best Carrot Cake
I make a carrot cake for Jack’s April birthday every year, so to me, it’s one of the first signs of spring. Slices of this moist, nutty cake would be the perfect finish to a big spring brunch. And if you’re vegan, check out this recipe.
8. Almond Flour Buckwheat Waffles from Love and Lemons Every Day (page 51)
If you or one of your guests is gluten-free, these waffles have to go on the menu. The almond and buckwheat flours give them a great nutty flavor, and they’re perfectly crisp. Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup for absolute waffle heaven.
9. Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
Nothing beats a crisp, oat-y, nutty topping over soft baked oats and fruit. This make-ahead recipe is one of my favorites for serving a crowd, and it’s excellent with any seasonal fruit. Peaches, cherries, or another berry would all be good here.
10. Vegan French Toast
11 Best Blueberry Muffins
12. Chocolate Zucchini Bread
13. Blueberry Scones
14. Pumpkin Bread
15. Matcha Baked Doughnuts
16. Vegan Lemon Muffins
17. Overnight Oats, 4 Ways (set up an overnight oat bar for a group!)
18. Banana Muffins
19. Cardamom Yogurt Tea Cake
20. Best Zucchini Bread
21. Coconut Mango Muffins
22. Carrot Waffles
23. Vegan Raspberry Coconut Scones
24. Carrot Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
25. Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
26. Sunshine Citrus Chia Bowls
27. Pistachio Goji Berry Granola
28. How to Make Oatmeal
Savory Brunch Recipes
29. Caprese Eggs Benedict with Healthier Hollandaise
from Love & Lemons Every Day (page 41)
Until I developed this creamy vegan hollandaise sauce recipe, I never made eggs Benedict at home. The sauce always seemed too fussy to attempt in my own kitchen. But this healthier version comes together in a snap, and it’s perfect over soft poached eggs, sliced tomato, and fresh basil.
30. A Frittata!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: frittatas are the best brunch recipes. They’re super flexible and simple to throw together – great for serving a crowd. Use the best-looking veggies you can find or take inspiration from my favorite veggie, herb, and cheese combinations, which I list in the recipe!
31. Breakfast Burritos
This loaded breakfast burrito recipe is the best way to kickstart your morning. Filled with eggs & fresh veggies, it’s healthy, fun & easy to make!
32. Shakshuka with Spinach and Harissa
Because runny eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce + good crusty bread = brunch paradise.
33. Healthy Breakfast Casserole
My mom’s breakfast casserole recipe inspired this veggie-filled egg bake, so, of course, it’s a staple on our brunch table. It’s fresh and full of veggies, but the best part is the secret layer of roasted sweet potatoes hiding at the bottom!
34. Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Move over, spinach artichoke dip! This pizza is my new favorite appetizer. The creamy, briny white bean artichoke sauce and bold spinach pesto make a delicious savory topping for crisp crust.
35. Healthy Egg Salad
What could be cuter than little egg salad sandwiches (or egg salad crostini) in a brunch spread? Even if you’ve never liked egg salad, I encourage you to try this super bright, fresh recipe that also has a yummy vegan option.
Whole oat porridge gets a savory spin with creative flavor combinations like butternut squash and ginger, or miso and avocado.
37. Rainbow Kale Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
A big green salad is always a welcome addition to a brunch table, and this one has it all: crisp spring radishes, crunchy roasted chickpeas, creamy avocado, toasty seeds, and dried cranberries for a little sweetness. A fresh carrot ginger dressing is the cherry on top.
38. Strawberry Salad with Basil and Avocado
The best brunch recipes walk the line between sweet and savory, and this strawberry salad does just that. Sweet berries pair perfectly with creamy avocado & mozzarella, tart tomatoes, nutty pecans, and fresh basil, while a balsamic drizzle adds the tang that ties it all together.
39. Savory Porridge
40. Breakfast Burritos
41. Avocado & Egg Brown Rice Bowls
42. Healthy Green Breakfast Tacos (a breakfast taco bar with scrambled eggs, tortillas, and all the fixings would be so fun!)
43. Shiitake Bacon & Egg Breakfast Tacos
44. Farmers Market Breakfast Bowls
45. Blueberry Feta Flatbread
46. Chickpea Salad Wraps with Avocado Dill Sauce
47. Tart Cherry Tabbouleh
48. Veggie Frittata Muffins
49. Breakfast Panzanella
50. Chilaquiles with Avocado
51. Chickpea Feta Shakshuka
52. Citrus Napa Cabbage Salad
53. Oven Roasted Potatoes
54. Classic Mimosas
55. Strawberry Banana Smoothie
56. Creamy Avocado Smoothie
57. Coconut Matcha Latte (or use homemade oat milk)
58. Lemon Mint Juleps
59. Classic Margaritas (serve with breakfast tacos!)
60. Ginger Tea Hot Toddy (serve with Christmas or New Year’s Brunch!)
If you loved these brunch recipes, check out our favorite Healthy Breakfast Ideas and Easy Dinner Ideas!
60 Best Brunch Recipes
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup mashed banana, about 1 large
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk, more if needed
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- ½ cup oat flour**
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed, water, and banana. Mash and stir until well combined. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Add the olive oil, vanilla, and almond milk and whisk. Add the flour and sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt evenly over the top. Stir until all the ingredients are combined, but the batter is still a bit lumpy. The batter will be a bit thick but if it’s too thick to scoop, stir in an additional 1 tablespoon almond milk.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle to medium heat. Brush the skillet with a little olive oil and use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan. Use the back of the cup to gently spread the batter a little more. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear, about 1½ minutes per side, turning the heat to low as needed so that the middles cook without burning the outsides. I usually start with medium heat and move to low heat as my pan starts to hold residual heat after each batch.
- Serve with maple syrup, sliced bananas, and pecans, if desired.
*To make the oat flour, use a food processor or a blender to process a heaping ½ cup rolled oats into a fine flour and measure out one level ½ cup.
Thanks for sharing the amazing recipes.
Who doesn’t love brunch?! Its the BEST!! Thank you for these recipes, check out these simple yet super yummy recipes I just read. https://www.ez.insure/landing/2020/07/treat-yourself-to-brunch-at-home/ . Thoughts?
I love every one of these recipes! Ever since winter break started, I’ve been sleeping in and waking up wondering if I should have either a breakfast style brunch or a lunch style one. It’s safe to say that this post always answers my question! The banana pancakes, baked French toast and breakfast burritos are my current, super simple to make, faves. I also love that there are both healthy and more indulgent options. Can’t wait to make more!
Hi Jenna, I’m so happy to hear that you’ve been loving the recipes so much!
so much wonderful brunch inspiration! Strawberry rhubarb bars, very nice, thank you