Happy Fri-day! (pun intended, I’m so sorry).
What I’m not sorry about are these parsnip fries – they’re awesome and super simple to make. I recommend making extra because you (or your significant other – I’m not naming any names here), will likely eat most of them right off the baking sheet, and you’re going to want a few left to enjoy with your burger.
Not only are these parsnip fries healthier than traditional fries (they have much more fiber), but they have a unique flavor. If you’ve cooked with parsnips before, you know that they’re slightly sweet. As a result, these crispy fries have a fantastic sweet & salty taste that makes them totally addictive.
If you don’t gobble them up straight off the pan, they’d be great with any of the following recipes:
- Best Darn Vegan Veggie Burger
- Falafel Burgers with Yogurt Dill Sauce
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- Portobello Pups
I like to serve my fries with ketchup, mayo, or chipotle sauce for dipping. For fry variety, try these sweet potato fries, too. Let me know what you think in the comments, and enjoy!
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- ketchup and/or mayo
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Scrub your parsnips clean and lightly peel them (you don't have to peel them if yours are really clean). Slice into thin strips.
- Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a few good pinches of salt.
- Bake 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. These are best hot.
This post is sponsored by Sir Kensington’s. All opinions are our own, it’s delicious stuff.