Your guests will never guess that there's a whole head of cauliflower hidden in this creamy, tangy, and totally addictive party dip.
Every holiday party needs a great dip, and this baked cheesy cauliflower dip is sure to be a hit at yours!
We’ve made this dip so many times over the past few weeks perfecting the recipe. I have to tell you that it’s been such a joy because it’s FREEZING outside and there is truly no greater comfort in life than having a hot skillet of creamy, cheesy goodness bubbling and baking away in the oven.
Ordinarily, I’d give “party dip” a bit of a sideways glance – I’m not a huge fan of the who-knows-what ingredients plus a brick of cream cheese that are often in them. But I like to think of this dip as a Love & Lemons-does-Midwest-style party dip. Pureed cauliflower, Greek yogurt, and a touch of Dijon mustard blend together to create its creamy base. I top it with cauliflower florets, scallions, and a layer of Roth Grand Cru – a nutty alpine-style cheese that’s made nearby (to us) in Wisconsin – that creates the most perfect flavorful, golden, bubbly crust on top.
How to Make Cauliflower Party Dip
Start by breaking your cauliflower into small florets. Lightly boil it, then blend 3/4 of the cauliflower to create the dip’s base, while reserving the remaining florets to layer in for texture.
Blend the cauliflower with Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, and a good pinch of salt. I love how the yogurt adds a bit of tang and the cauliflower becomes lusciously creamy. These flavors work so perfectly with the delicious, mild flavor of the Roth Grand Cru that gets melted on top.
We seriously love this cheese – it’s great on cheese boards, and it melts beautifully on this dip. Roth uses rBST-free milk sourced within 60 miles of its creamery to make its cheese, so this is really great quality Wisconsin cheese.
Pour the creamy mixture into a skillet and layer it with scallions, cauliflower florets, and grated cheese.
That’s it – it’s ready to bake!
Bake until the dip is golden and bubbly. Meanwhile, slice & toast your baguette so it’s ready for dipping!
Need to flesh out your party appetizer menu? Head over to the appetizer section of our recipe index for more fun ideas!
Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Party Dip
- 3½ cups small cauliflower florets (¾-inch pieces)
- 2 small garlic cloves
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for brushing
- Heaping ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Scant ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- ¾ cup grated Roth Grand Cru
- Pinches of red pepper flakes
- Toasted or warmed baguette, crackers, and/or apple slices, for serving
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and garlic and boil until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to scoop ¾ of the cauliflower and the garlic into a blender (set the remaining florets aside). Let cool completely before adding the remaining ingredients to the blender. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450°F and brush an 8-inch cast iron skillet lightly with olive oil.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, and salt to the blender and blend until creamy.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture into the skillet and top with half the scallions, half the reserved cauliflower florets, the cheese, remaining cauliflower florets, remaining scallions, and pinches of red pepper flakes. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cheese on top is browned and bubbling.
- Serve with baguette, crackers, and/or apple slices.
Special thanks to Roth for partnering on this post. Find Roth Grand Cru at the deli cheese counter of your local grocer or at specialty cheese shops. (Click here for a store locator)