Made with banana and coconut milk, this avocado smoothie recipe is deliciously creamy without any dairy. An easy, refreshing vegan breakfast!
A recent trip to Dallas inspired me to make this creamy avocado smoothie recipe. While we were there, Jack and I went to a popsicle shop that had this dairy-free avocado lime pop that I went crazy for. I’ve wanted to recreate it all summer, and I finally did…in smoothie form!
Don’t worry – this avocado smoothie doesn’t taste at all like guacamole. Instead, it’s like a fresh lime sorbet. Thanks to the avocado and banana, it has a delicious creamy texture that makes it a really satisfying breakfast or snack. In fact, it’s so good that I’d even eat it for dessert!
Avocado Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious creamy green smoothie:
- Avocado, of course! It gives this smoothie an amazing velvety texture and packs it with healthy fats.
- Frozen banana – It adds sweetness and makes this smoothie even creamier.
- Frozen pineapple – For a sweet, tropical flair.
- Spinach – I always love giving my smoothies extra green power! Trust me, you won’t be able to taste it.
- Lime juice and zest – They make this smoothie super bright, fresh, and tangy.
- Maple syrup – I add just a dash for extra sweetness.
- Coconut milk – It gets the blender moving, adds delicious coconut flavor, and makes this smoothie totally dairy-free!
- Aloha Vanilla Protein Powder – Made with organic plant-based ingredients like pea, pumpkin seed, and hemp seed protein, it’s packed with tons of omega 3’s and a whopping 9 grams of protein per scoop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Blend it all together, taste and adjust, and enjoy! I like to top my glass with a sprinkle of chia seeds or hemp seeds for extra protein.
Avocado Smoothie Recipe Variations
I love this avocado smoothie recipe as written, but it’s flexible! Feel free to experiment with different variations. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Change up the greens. Replace the spinach with 1/2 cup kale.
- Switch the milk. I love the coconut flavor in this avocado smoothie, but if you don’t have coconut milk on hand, almond milk, oat milk, or regular milk would work just fine.
- Swap the fruit. Replace the pineapple with an equal amount of frozen mango or peaches.
- Add herbs. A handful of fresh mint or basil would be delicious.
- Make a smoothie bowl. Reduce the coconut milk to make this smoothie extra-thick! Then, top it with chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola, fresh fruit, or nut butter, and eat it with a spoon. You could also top it with chocolate sauce or cacao nibs for dessert!
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
If you love this avocado smoothie, try one of these healthy recipes next:
- Berry Superfood Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
- Kale Smoothie
- Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- Cinnamon Coffee Smoothie
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- ½ cup cubed frozen pineapple
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach (or 1½ cup chopped frozen spinach)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ cup light coconut milk (canned or from a carton)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus ½ teaspoon zest
- 2 scoops Aloha Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 ice cubes
- a sprinkle of chia seeds, optional, for garnish
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. If the mixture is too thick, add more coconut milk as needed to blend. Garnish with chia seeds, if desired
This post was created in partnership with Aloha. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!