Avocado, pomegranate and feta make a pretty holiday appetizer crostini.
‘Tis the season for sugary, buttery treats… but as you may know, I’m not big on butter. I’m also not particularly good at holiday traditions…
Maybe it’s the Austin influence, but I love anything with avocado. I made this glorified guacamole and I think the little pomegranate gems make it especially festive. Only thing missing in this picture is a merry Christmas margarita.
For a healthier version, this would be delicious on endive spears. For a less healthy (but gluten free) version, feel free to break out the tortilla chips.
Inspired by a pomegranate cotija guacamole at La Condesa.
avocado pomegranate crostini
- baguette, thinly sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large avocado, sliced into cubes
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (or scallions)
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese (omit if vegan)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- (optional) drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 350. Brush baguette sliced with olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Toast until golden brown around the edges.
- Mix together avocado cubes, lime juice, chives, salt & pepper. Stir in feta and pomegranate seeds. Taste & adjust seasonings - adding more salt and/or lime juice to your liking. Spoon onto toasted crostini pieces, drizzle with a little bit of honey (optional) and serve.