Crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle, these avocado fries are SO fun and delicious! Devour them hot with a tasty sauce for dipping.
I first started making these avocado fries last spring. But back then, I didn’t think of them as fries. Instead, I wanted to use them as a taco filling.
Well, it turns out, these avocado fries are actually too good to bury in a taco. They’re the sort of thing that’s best devoured on its own, preferably straight off the sheet pan, preferably with a tasty sauce (or two!) for dipping. That way, you can really experience the contrast between the crunchy panko coating and the buttery-smooth avocado inside. Is anyone else getting hungry?
Avocado Fries Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this avocado fries recipe:
- Avocados, of course! Look for 2 large avocados that are ripe, but still firm. You want them to hold their shape when they’re sliced and breaded.
- Flour and eggs – They bind the panko coating to the avocado slices.
- Cumin, coriander, and salt – They give the fries a delicious earthy, savory flavor. If you’re in a creative mood, you could play with the spices here. Garlic powder and chili powder would both be fantastic on these avocado fries.
- Panko breadcrumbs – For crunch!
- And extra-virgin olive oil – They help the panko become golden brown and crisp in the oven.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Avocado Fries
Making these avocado fries isn’t tricky, but heads up: it can be a bit of a messy process! Here’s how it goes:
First, prepare the panko coating. In a shallow bowl, stir together the panko, coriander, cumin, and salt. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, and place the flour in another bowl nearby.
Then, bread the avocado. The messy part! Cut the avocados lengthwise into 8 slices, and peel off the skins. Dip each slice in the flour to evenly coat it. Shake off any excess flour before dipping it in the egg and then the panko.
Finally, bake. When you’ve breaded all the avocado slices, arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and bake at 425°F for 12-14 minutes, or until the baked avocado fries are golden brown and crisp. You can also make this recipe in the air fryer. Find the complete instructions below!
Avocado Fries Serving Suggestions
While the avocado fries are baking, I recommend prepping a dipping sauce to serve with them. So many different sauces would be great here, but these five are my favorites:
- Chipotle Sauce
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Tartar Sauce
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
Enjoy the avocado fries hot from the oven with an extra pinch of salt and whatever dipping sauce you like. I most often make them as a fun appetizer or snack, but they’d also be a great side with veggie burgers, black bean burgers, or BBQ jackfruit sandwiches. I hope you love them as much as we do!
More Crispy, Crunchy Snacks
If you love this recipe, try one of these crispy, crunchy snacks next:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized shallow dish, stir together the panko, coriander, cumin, and salt. Place the flour in a small bowl and place the egg in a separate small bowl.
- Cut the avocados lengthwise into 8 slices and peel the skins. Dip each slice in the flour, flipping to coat and shaking off any excess, then dip into the egg, and then the panko mixture.
- Place onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.