Arugula, kale pesto and scrambled eggs. A simple breakfast for simple leftovers.
I though I’d share one last pesto meal. (It’s gone now, I promise pesto week is over. At least for now).
I love a good breakfast, but I don’t like to wake up and spend a lot of time cooking first thing in the morning. This is very much a non-recipe, but it’s something simple that I make all the time, in one variation or another.
It’s never to early in the day to fit in some green food, right?
arugula scramble with kale pesto
- 4 eggs, whisked with a splash of water or milk and a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for the pan
- a few handfuls of arugula
- a few spoonfuls of kale pesto
- chopped chives
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Pour in the whisked eggs and let them begin to set (10 seconds or so). Stir to scramble. After the first stir, toss in handfuls of arugula so that it wilts down slightly with as the eggs cook. Continue to scramble until your eggs are slightly underdone. Serve with spoonfuls of pesto, chives, salt & pepper to taste.