This rich, tangy artichoke dipping sauce is a delicious partner for steamed artichokes. Made with 7 simple ingredients, it comes together in minutes.
Is it just me, or is half the fun of eating artichokes the sauce you serve with them? This artichoke dipping sauce recipe has been a favorite of ours lately. It’s creamy, rich, and tangy, a perfect savory accent for the bright, nutty artichoke leaves and heart. It’s easy to make (you only need 7 ingredients, and one of them’s pepper!), and it comes together in a fraction of the time it takes to cook artichokes. Sit back and relax while they steam, and whip up the artichoke dipping sauce right before you eat!
Artichoke Dipping Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You just need 7 simple ingredients to make this recipe:
- Mayonnaise – You can taste the mayo in this recipe, so make sure to use a really good one. I like Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise, Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, and Vegan Mayo. My homemade vegan mayo would work here too!
- Greek yogurt – It makes the sauce thick and creamy and adds a nice tangy flavor.
- Lemon juice – Who doesn’t love artichokes + lemon? It adds a nice brightness to this recipe.
- Dijon mustard – For extra tang.
- Garlic – Be sure to grate it finely (I use my Microplane zester) so that it integrates smoothly into the sauce.
- Black pepper – Yep, just pepper! The mayo is already salty, so I find that this sauce doesn’t need additional salt. If desired, you can salt to taste.
- Chives – To round out the sauce’s oniony, garlicky flavor.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Combine the mayo, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl, and whisk until smooth. Garnish with chives, and serve!
How to Serve Artichoke Dipping Sauce
Most often, I serve this artichoke dipping sauce with steamed globe artichokes; find my method for preparing them here! To serve, peel off the artichoke leaves one by one, dip them in the sauce, and scrape off the artichoke meat and sauce with your teeth. This sauce tastes fantastic with the artichoke heart and stem, too.
If you run out of artichokes before you run out of sauce, not to worry! This recipe works well as a dip or dressing for other vegetables, too. Drizzle it over grilled asparagus, roasted broccoli, or Brussels sprouts, or serve it with air fryer cauliflower, air fryer French fries, or baked sweet potato fries for dipping. Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, it will keep for up to 4 days.
More Favorite Sauces and Dips
If you love this artichoke dipping sauce recipe, try one of these tasty sauces or dips next:
- Tartar Sauce
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Romesco Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Artichoke Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle chives on top.
- Serve with steamed or roasted artichokes. See the blog post above for additional serving suggestions.