Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving, Friends-giving, or my personal favorite holiday – random Sunday – here’s your fall party cocktail. It’ll make you look like a good put-together host because you’ll have it ready as your guests walk through the door. No one has to know that you made (most of) it the day before.
This is full of warm fall spices but it’s actually pretty light and refreshing. Crisp vodka gets mixed with sweet spiced apple juice… and a squeeze of lemon pulls it all together (doesn’t it always?). Serve with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise, because aren’t those little stars just so pretty?
And if you’re as instagram-my as we are, check out Stoli’s RecAPP… it’s a neat app that compiles your guests’ snapshots (and other social postings), and puts them together in a fun party video.
- 18 ounces apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise pods
- 18 ounces Stoli Premium Vodka
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 12 oz. bottle of sparking water (optional)
- apple slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan simmer the apple juice with the cinnamon sticks and star anise. When it barely comes to a boil, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes, then chill for a couple of hours (or overnight).
- When your'e ready to start making cocktails, remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise and set aside for garnish.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake the spiced apple juice, vodka, lemon, and ice together (work in batches if you need to).
- Pour into glasses, add a splash of sparking water, and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks and star anise pods.
This post is sponsored by Stoli. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support Love & Lemons.
Savor Stoli Responsibly. STOLICHNAYA® Premium Vodka. 40% Alc/Vol. Distilled from grain. William Grant & Sons, Inc. New York, NY. ©2013 Spirits International, B.V.