Love fried pickles? Try making this air fryer version at home! Crispy, crunchy, and full of pickle flavor, they're a delicious appetizer or snack.
By popular request: air fryer fried pickles! Recently, a few of you have asked me if I’ve made fried pickles in the air fryer. After getting the question a couple of times, I knew I had to try it. I have to say, I’m so glad I did! These air fryer fried pickles are crispy on the outside, juicy in the middle, salty, tangy, and completely addictive. They’re a great fun, easy appetizer for a summer happy hour, though honestly, we like these air fryer pickles so much that I plan to make them at all times of year. I hope you love them too!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe Ingredients
When I first tried making fried pickles in the air fryer, I put all sorts of seasonings in the breading – garlic powder, cayenne, the works. What I found, though, was that the spices got in the way of the punchy pickle flavor. I ended up paring back the recipe to call for these simple ingredients:
- Pickles, of course! Use a jar of pickle chips, or slice pickle spears into coins yourself. I tend to use dill pickles in this recipe, though I’m sure bread and butter pickles would be tasty here too!
- Panko breadcrumbs – They create the crispy coating on the outside of the pickles.
- An egg – It binds the panko to the pickles.
- And extra-virgin olive oil – To help the breading become crisp and golden as it cooks. You’ll use wayyy less than you would if you were deep frying the pickles!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
To make these air fryer pickles, you’ll start by draining the pickles and patting them dry. Removing the excess brine will help the breading stick to the pickles in the next step.
Once you dry the pickles, dip them in the egg, followed by the panko. As you work, place the breaded pickles on a plate or parchment paper.
Drizzle the pickles with olive oil and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Careful not to overcrowd them – if you do, the pickles won’t get crispy! Work in batches if necessary.
Finally, air fry until the pickles are golden brown and crisp. That’s it!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles Serving Suggestions
These air fried pickles are best served right away, when they’re still hot and crispy. They’re yummy on their own, but they’re even more delicious with a dipping sauce on the side. We love them with this remoulade sauce, and they’d also be great with creamy chipotle sauce, vegan ranch, or chipotle ranch dressing.
More Favorite Air Fryer Snacks
If you love this air fryer fried pickle recipe, try one of these fun air fryer snacks next:
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to pat the pickles dry. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In a medium bowl, place the panko.
- Dip the pickles into the egg and then into the panko. Place on a plate as you work and then drizzle the pickles with olive oil. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a little space around each pickle. Don’t overcrowd the basket. Work in batches if necessary. Air fry for 11 to 14 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. The exact cooking time will depend on your air fryer.
- Serve immediately with remoulade for dipping.