It’s peach season over here! (I know, it comes early here in Texas). But when it’s peach season I have just one objective: Eat as many peaches as possible until it’s not peach season anymore.
On Saturday, I came home from the farmers market with these beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes, sweet peaches, and my favorite nine grain (Easy Tiger) bread. I truly believe summer food should be simple, so I made this easy bruschetta for dinner along with a huge salad. It was perfect for a hot summer evening along with ice cold white wine.
I used creamy avocado this time instead of any sort of cheese, but it would also be nice with a little burrata or even a slather of goat cheese.
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- drizzle of white balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 peaches, cut into small pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- chopped basil and/or mint
- generous amounts of salt & pepper
- about 4 - 6 slices of bread
- Toss tomatoes in a small bowl with olive oil, white balsamic, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- To that add the peaches, avocado, basil and mint and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
- Toast slices of bread and pile everything on top. Drizzle with more olive oil and serve immediately.