I’ll never get tired of salads with arugula, avocado and quinoa. I realize these are common ingredients for me, but hear me out – this one is special (although, truthfully, I think they’re all special). I made a sweet combo with dried apricots, peppery arugula, smoky cumin and fruity Arbequina Olive Oil. (I almost named this Arbequina Quinoa – but try to say that one five times fast).
So what’s Arbequina Olive Oil? It’s a light and fruity extra virgin olive oil that’s perfect for spring and summer salads like this one. Coincidentally, I’ve been buying it long before the folks at California Olive Ranch started sending it to me. Try it, I promise you’ll love it. (I usually buy mine at Whole Foods).
I made this simple moroccan-inspired salad dressing with cumin, garlic, lemon and honey. If you’re vegan (or even if you’re not), a few squeezes of orange would be a nice exchange for the honey.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- a few big handfuls of arugula
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted almonds
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (vegan sub: a big squeeze of orange)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt & pepper
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss together the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, arugula, avocado and dried apricots. Drizzle in the dressing and toss again. Top the salad with chopped almonds and chives.Taste and adjust seasonings.
This post is sponsored by California Olive Ranch. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!