It’s going to be 106 degrees here today, so needless to say, summer is on. If you’re cooking out this weekend, I have the perfect simple dessert for you. No baking is required, just toss some peaches onto your already-hot grill and you’re nearly done.
I, myself, will be having a “cook-in,” making this on my grill pan in my temperature controlled kitchen.
A note about this walnut crumble topping – it’s become my go-to lately for quick desserts. Top it on any kind of fruit, add a scoop of ice cream & dig in.
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter (I use vegan earth balance)
- a few teaspoons flour*, if necessary for the crumble
- 4-6 peaches
- ice cream (I used coconut, use what you like)
- Make the crumble by crushing the walnuts together with the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. I did this in a plastic bag using a wooden kitchen mallet, a rolling pin would also work. Add the butter and, using your hands, crumble it into the mix until just combined. If it’s too moist and not crumbly, add a bit of flour.
- Slice your peaches and grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve the peaches with some of the crumble and a scoop if ice cream.
*I used spelt flour, oat flour (gluten free oat flour if necessary), whole wheat, or white would also be fine.