This is dessert for breakfast. Especially when you eat it with vanilla coconut yogurt like we did. And drink a mocha on the side. Sometimes a morning sugar rush is just what you need to welcome the day, right?
And as if this wasn’t sweet enough already, Jack still had to ask “so… you’re not going to put chocolate chips in there?” Um, no. No, I’m not… (Although, I suppose you could if you wanted too).
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted if yours is solid)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shaved coconut
- a little brown sugar (optional)
- yogurt, whatever kind you like (I like non-dairy coconut yogurt)
- a few spoonfuls of granola
- a few spoonfuls of pomegranate seeds
- a drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the coconut shavings. (I add them during the last few minutes of baking so they don't burn).
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin layer. Stir every 15 minutes… after 30 minutes start checking to see if it’s done – crispy but not burned. I baked mine for about 40 minutes, but watch yours closely. When you feel that you have about 10 minutes left, add the coconut shavings onto your baking sheet.
- Taste, and if it's not sweet enough for you, add a little bit of brown sugar.
- Enjoy as a snack or with yogurt and pomegranates.