ginger peach sangria

Ginger Peach Sangria / @loveandlemons

Happy Friday! I have the easiest, summeriest cocktail to share with you. This weekend, it’s going to be 102 degrees(!) here in Austin. So needless to say, cold, refreshing drinks will be in order. I figure everyone loves sangria, so I thought – what would be more seasonal than peach sangria? This is sweet, but not too sweet, and packed full of fruit and herbs.

Ginger Peach Sangria / @loveandlemons Ginger Peach Sangria / @loveandlemons

The base is simple: white wine, Grand Marnier and peaches. For an herby kick, I added a splash of ginger juice, mint and basil. Let it chill for at least a few hours (or overnight). It gets more peachy and herby the longer it sits. Cheers!

ginger peach sangria

ginger peach sangria

• 1 bottle white wine (a pinot grigio, chenin blanc, or similar)
  • 1 cup Grand Marnier
  • 3-4 peaches, sliced
  • optional - splash of ginger juice (or a bit of freshly grated ginger)
  • 1 lemon or lime, sliced
  • handful of mint and/or basil
  • handful of ice

1. Stir all ingredients together. Chill until you're ready to serve!

Notes

Option: Tone down the alcohol content by adding 1/2 to 1 cup sparkling water.

1. kristin from kristinwhatch.com on said:

i cannot believe that it’s august and i haven’t made sangria yet this summer. i’ve been wanting to try a recipe with basil and this looks perfect!

2. Lauren from messykitchenhappybelly.com on said:

What a nice twist on the traditional version! The fresh peaches just keep coming in at our farmer’s markets and what a great way to use them. I like the idea of sparkling water too (not that I have anything against a lovely boozy beverage) but I think it would add a nice finish to the glass. Thanks for sharing!!

3. I’ve been throwing peaches in Sangria like I grow them myself this summer!! I love it! This ginger peach combo is fantastic – definitely saving this :)

4. Lyndsay from proseccointheparkblog.com on said:

This sounds amazing! I love the idea of adding ginger. I’m definitely going to have to add this to my summer “to make” list!

prosecco in the park

5. alicia from kitchenkonfidential.com on said:

Sangria is a MUST in the summer {or really, in my opinion, anytime!}. I love anything with ginger, and pairing it with the sweet summer fruit is absolute perfection :)

6. molly yeh from mynameisyeh.com on said:

102 degrees?!?!!! ohmyohmy. can you buy a walk-in freezer and call it a tax write-off? also mint in sangria = HECK YES

7. Eileen from hampiesandwiches.blogspot.com on said:

This sounds like the perfect thing to drink while lying around the backyard on a hot summer afternoon! Sunglasses and big floppy hat optional. :)

8. omg these sounds divine! Now to have a summer bbq where I can make this to share so I don’t drink the entire thing lol

9. Meabh from peachparade.com on said:

Yum! I love sangria, we made something similar only I used pear and basil with a fizzy peach mixer, would love if you had a look, http://peachparade.com/perfect-peachy-sangria/, :) xox

10. dana from minimalistbaker.com on said:

this sounds amazing! adding it to my summer bucket list STAT.

11. Now I know what I’m going to do with all those peaches on my table! Peaches, ginger, and grand marnier – what could go wrong??

12. Yes to sangria! I have a ton of watermelon to use, so I’m thinking I’m going to need to make sangria happen!

13. PassTheKnife from passtheknife.com on said:

This sounds totally refreshing. I love the combination of flavors.

14. Pingback: This weekend | Dejlige Days

15. Gahhh this weekend is going to be brutal. I’m planning on spending 99% of it in the pool. Maybe with a batch of this sangria — perfection!

16. It’s funny as I haven’t made sangria this summer at all, not even once and now all I want is this sangria!!

17. Caitlin from gmail.com on said:

This looks like my kind of sangria! The can usually only drink one of the really sugary ones, but I could drink a lot of this :) I got the peaches, wine, and herbs, I just need to grab some grand mariner!

18. This looks so delicious and so refreshing! I hope you stay cool this weekend!

19. Dhanya Samuel from thespiceadventuress.com on said:

The photography is just amazing; makes me want to lean in and grab a glass.

20. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

102 actually sounds kind of nice because summers are so cold in the mountains.
    Such a pretty drink and so summery!

21. Julia Olsen from onekitchenblog.com on said:

Wauw, just stopped by! Amazing photos and awesome recipe!

22. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

23. Pingback: Sunday Stuff 8.10.2014 – i am a food blog

24. OH MY GOSH! Can I please have a glass of that? Looks amazing!

Saska
    workthathealth.blogspot.com

25. Riley from mydailymorsel.com on said:

I’ll have to grab some peaches from the market and save this one for next weekend! Looks amazing!

26. Pingback: wine-ey peaches & cream | Love and Lemons

27. Elizabeth from themotherhubbardscupboard.com on said:

I can’t wait till it is summer here in Australia so I can try this! (or maybe I won’t wait) YUM! Thanks for sharing Liz x

28. Pingback: thirsty thursday: peach-ginger sangria | kitchen konfidential

29. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday | Silver Threading

30. Pingback: Justa e Refrescante Homenagem a #Sangria – Thirsty Thursday | Chateau do Vinnie

31. Pingback: Favorite Finds #17 | thesassylife

32. What a lovely white sangria! I’m loving the picture with the wooden spoon sloshing around all the goodness! Mmmmmm, I would use a big swig of that!
    :) Pinned!

ha, thanks :) Didn’t quite have a utensil long enough to fit in that carafe!