tomato, peach & avocado bruschetta

tomato, peach and avocado bruschetta

It’s peach season over here! (I know, it comes early here in Texas). But when it’s peach season I have just one objective: Eat as many peaches as possible until it’s not peach season anymore.

tomato, peach and avocado bruschetta tomato, peach and avocado bruschetta

On Saturday, I came home from the farmers market with these beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes, sweet peaches, and my favorite nine grain (Easy Tiger) bread. I truly believe summer food should be simple, so I made this easy bruschetta for dinner along with a huge salad. It was perfect for a hot summer evening along with ice cold white wine.

I used creamy avocado this time instead of any sort of cheese, but it would also be nice with a little burrata or even a slather of goat cheese.

tomato, peach & avocado bruschetta

tomato, peach & avocado bruschetta

• 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • drizzle of white balsamic vinegar
  • 2-4 peaches, cut into small pieces
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • chopped basil and/or mint
  • generous amounts of salt & pepper
  • about 4 - 6 slices of bread

1. Toss tomatoes in a small bowl with olive oil, white balsamic, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
  2. To that add the peaches, avocado, basil and mint and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
  3. Toast slices of bread and pile everything on top. Drizzle with more olive oil and serve immediately.

1. Oh I wish I could get summer peaches. I have a weakness for peaches on bread especially when you get such green Avos. Great Combo and beautiful photos.

2. Sara from sabziblog.com on said:

I’ve never had peaches on bread. That looks great. I can’t wait until we can get some good peaches here in MN.

3. Kelly on said:

Yumm… I have such an obsession with peaches this summer and this looks delicious!

XO Kelly
    www.dettecakes.com

4. Oh how clever! I love that mango salsa from Costco. Sweet, tomato, and avocado is such a wonderful combination!

5. benny from easyhomecooking.co.uk on said:

That looks fab, unfortunately the peaches we get in the UK generally would not do this recipe justice !

6. Catalina from chroniquesdelarochelle.blogspot.com on said:

I will make it for sure!!! love the combination. Thank you so much!

7. Bruschetta is a must for a summer menu, and peaches in the mix make it that much better. I am currently visiting family near Austin so I know how good the peaches are here. Great pairing with tomatoes and avocado!

8. Ella from youtube.com on said:

I REALLY want to try a peach and goat cheese combo… SOunds so delicious! I only recently discovered white balsamic and sometimes I like it a lot more than regular red. I feel like the taste is more light and refined. Thanks for sharing! BTW, I posted a video on my YouTube channel a few days ago with 3 easy, fast and healthy recipes for summer breakfasts. Thought you might be interested… Here’s the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTadqrL6Dxg
    Have a great week.
    Ella

9. Alana Barton from alanasterling.com on said:

Now I am dreaming of peaches. I am currently traveling in Bolvia, and nice ripe summer peach sounds so good right now. I actually had some Bruschetta at a local vegetarian restaurant here in Sucre, Bolivia this morning, but the garlic overwhelmed the rest of the flavors. (There was also a tourist bag theft in the middle of my meal, which was very dramatic, and rather unnerving) Can’t wait to start eating peaches again when I return home. Thanks for the inspiration!

10. Elyse from lwlelyse.blogspot.ca on said:

I love peaches. I love to cut them in half and grill them till you get delicious black char lines on them. Once cooled I think grilled peaches would ge a good twist on this recipe! So going to try this recipe, thank you.

definitely, grilled peaches are so amazing! I did this version a couple of years ago (that I still love!) w/ pesto & mozzarella: http://www.loveandlemons.com/2012/08/22/peach-pesto-crostini/

• Elyse from lwlelyse.blogspot.ca on said:

That recipe looks fab too! Mint and basil pesto- double yum! Thank you

11. Ale from piloncilloyvainilla.com on said:

Sounds soooo good! Yum!

12. carla from motownsavvy.com on said:

Looks delicious!

www.motownsavvy.com

13. I’ve never tried peaches on bread but there is always a first time for everything. Looks yummy.

14. I have a box of lovely peaches sitting on my kitchen counter… I agree – I will be eating as many peaches as possible until the end of peach season. Thanks for the perfect recipe… I do believe I will try your burrata idea…

15. Rachel Cooks from rachelcooks.com on said:

Love the peach in these! Perfect summertime app.

16. marcia from alilyamongthethorns98.blogspot.com on said:

helloooo summer. these flavors are the epitome of summer.
    totally making this!

17. Athena from mapleandbrick.blogspot.com on said:

It’s definitely the season for bruschetta. I just made some the other day. I can’t get my hands on any heirloom tomatoes where I live which is a BUMMER. But to pair them with peaches!? You’re brilliant. Lovely photos, as always!

18. Kellie from statmoments.wordpress.com on said:

I’m in a crostini phase, that’s all I want to eat lately. This looks so light and fresh. I’m adding the tomato-peach combo to my list of toppings to try!

19. You can’t go wrong with this combo, can you?! Enjoy TX peach season, dear!

20. Heirloom tomatoes are my JAM, I absolutely love them so this looks amazing! Love it with the peaches as well…so fresh and perfect for summer!

21. Pingback: Links I’m Loving this Wednesday | Olduvai Reads

22. Alexandra from chezsasha.com on said:

This is perfect for white wine – good call :)

23. pixie from pixie-punk.com on said:

Ohhhh, that sounds truly magnificent. Might be salivating, hehe~

24. Pingback: Friday Favorites - Volume IV

25. Pingback: A Few Details Darling.. | The Darling Detail

26. Pingback: Have A Better July 4th BBQ

27. Pingback: Linkliebe. | maedchenmitherz.

28. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

29. Lindsay from sophiesfavors.com on said:

So fresh and delish! Yum

30. Sarah on said:

This looks amazing. Huge fan of your blog. I can’t wait to get to the farmer’s market this week to make this bruschetta… I think I may eat it out by the pool. :) Also, are you planning to post any recipes for the 4th of July?

thanks! I have a few more before July 4th, here’s a roundup of some summer favorites from last year: http://www.loveandlemons.com/2013/06/30/red-white-blue-green/

31. Jackie Fo from jackiefo.com on said:

This is why I love summer food..you can just combine a bunch of fresh summer ingredients and it turns out great!

that’s why I love it too :)

32. Pingback: Tomato, Peach & Avocado Bruschetta Love And Lemons... - Beauty Tips Around The World | Beauty Tips Around The World

33. Pingback: Tomato, Peach & Avocado Bruschetta Love And Lemons… | Opinionated Beauty

34. Pingback: 31 Delicious Things To Cook In July | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

35. Pingback: spotlight | This is for Real

36. Pingback: Real Food Happy Hour - Real Food Whole Life

37. Pingback: Foodie Favorites - July 2, 2014 | My Bacon-Wrapped Life

38. Pingback: Nyári vacsoraparti a barátoknak / Shopping.hu Magazin - Shopping

39. Amy from masterlemoncleanse.com on said:

Tomatoes, peaches and avocados … I love the growing season for all the fresh fruits and vegetables available to experiment with. The picture for this bruschetta literally jumped off the screen at me and as I’ve never combined peaches and avocados before (2 of my favorites), I’m off to try this.

40. Pingback: あなたが7月に料理する必要があるという31のうまいこと | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

41. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different page and
    thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i amm
    following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.

42. michelle from lovely-little-things.blogspot.com on said:

summer bliss on a crostini!