ginger kombucha cocktails

ginger kombucha cocktails / loveandlemons.com

I just realized that I have a pattern of only posting cocktails on Fridays. I don’t know if it feels more socially appropriate that a cocktail should be a pre-weekend treat or if I’m trying to cover up the fact that I’m known to have a glass of wine (or two), on any given day(s) throughout the week. I like to celebrate the little wins in life, even if a “win” is just getting through an ordinary Monday.

This week, however, is not about ordinary Mondays. I just about fell off my chair two days ago when I found out that we’ve been nominated for Best Cooking Blog in Saveur Magazine’s Best Food Blog Awards!

I really have no words… (literally, I’ve been sitting here staring at a blank cursor for longer than I’d like to admit). Thank you to all of you who nominated us… and for reading and cooking along with us day in and day out. If you want you can click over and vote for us (voting ends April 9th). Win or no win, I’m over the moon to be included on the list among such amazing talent.

Ok now let’s celebrate! Kombucha cocktails… sounds contradictory but it works. (As I like to say: “detox while you re-tox”). These are perfect for weekdays because they require just 2 main ingredients. If you’ve been afraid of kombucha, here’s where you have to start. It’s sweet, gingery and sparkly… the perfect mixer. Plus, the healing powers of kombucha make them half-healthy. Which means, go ahead and have 2. Cheers!

ginger kombucha cocktails

• crushed ice
  • vodka
  • ginger kombucha (any brand)
  • mint
  • lemon
  1. Fill a small glass with crushed ice. Pour in 1 part vodka and 1 part kombucha (or whatever ratio you like).
  2. Add a few sprigs of mint and a lemon slice.

1. I’m brewing up my first-ever batch of kombucha right now… can’t wait to try this at some point. I’m sure my husband would be much more excited about my kombucha brewing if he was consuming it in cocktail form. :)

oh you’re so talented! My husband became a kombucha convert this way – it works!

wow, so many people brewing their own, I’m so impressed :)

2. Congratulations on the nomination – that is definitely cocktail-worthy! Ginger kombucha is my fave. These look awesome!

thank you, Angela!

3. Kombucha cocktails are my jam and you my friend are one of my favorite bloggers. I have signed, sealed and delivered my vote for you and I wish you all th best, you definitely deserve it.

Much love,

SHERRIE

oh you’re so sweet – THANK YOU!

4. Congratulations on the nomination! That’s so exciting!

And, I totally love the idea of kombucha in a cocktail—so yummy!

Thanks Rachel, it’s so yummy :)

5. Kristin from blog.kristinfleming.com on said:

Congrats for the nomination!

thanks!

6. I’m portuguese and i love your blog. For me, you must have to win. Congrats for the nomination. You are a super inspiration for me. Thank you! xoxo

ha, thank you, you’re so kind :)

7. I’m stealing your “detox while you retox” mantra – hilarious. Congrats on your nomination – your photos and writing are both so appealing with in their simplicity. Rooting for you!

ha, it’s all a balance, right?

8. Love refreshing drinks like this! I bet ginger kombucha and mint works so well together with the lemon. You have such lovely photographs, too!

9. Congrats on the nomination – very much deserved! I have never tried kombucha but this sounds like a very approachable and delicious way to start. Love celebrating small victories in life!

Congratulations Jeanine; I was so happy to see your nomination and that you’re getting the recognition that you deserve. I love the detox/retox idea – I’m a bag fan of a green tea mojito which is a similar idea!

11. Congrats, congrats – definitely deserves a re-tox concoct! Ginger kombucha is my favoriteeee. If any local bar would would offer this up, I’d be swooned.

12. Skye from frommydiningtable.com on said:

I have voted already – was really happy to see your lovely blog nominated. So well deserved. x

13. Sandra on said:

I am late to the party. Explain ginger kombucha. And don’t talk about me and my ignorance behind my back… ;)

14. Congratulations! I read your blog like everyday, sorry I haven’t commented yet. But that’s so awesome! Voting for you right now – your photography is my inspiration. Also, these cocktails look very inviting!

15. Hi! Do yoou usse Τwitter? I’d like to follow
    youu if that would be oҝ. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog anɗ look forward to
    new posts.

Here is my blog – rapid fire xbox coոtrolleг (einsteinmodz.com)

16. Isadora from shelikesfood.com on said:

These look really good! I bet that I could even trick my husband into admitting that he liked kombucha if I made these. I love the idea detoxing while you retox! The kombucha kinda cancels out the vodka, right?! Congratulations on the nomination, you definitely deserve a cocktail, or two, or three…

17. congrats on the nomination – you 100% deserve it. also, kombucha in a cocktail? that makes it healthy, right? I’ll take 3.

18. Congratulations & so very much deserved! Off to vote as soon as I’m done gushing to you over this cocktail. I killed my last kombucha in the process of moving and started one from plain bottled kombucha. It’s finally ready for consumption, so I think some ginger shall make its way into my shopping cart soon so I can make this. Delicious! Congrats again!

19. Terri Burfield from timelesstreasuretrove.com on said:

I’ve been brewing Kombucha for about 5 years, but never made ginger kombucha. Do you add fresh ginger to it or how do you make it?

20. ann on said:

Hello, I am new to your lovely site. Is there anywhere here about brewing Kombucha? I started a batch an on the top of the mushroom are small round bumps. About 2 weeks in. Not fuzzy so I am hoping they are not mold. Is this part of the process? Thanks, Ann

21. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

22. Pingback: bon weekend |

23. OK first of all, I was sooo happy to see your nomination and of course voted for you immediately. So totally deserved!! This cocktail looks like THE perfect way to celebrate. My kinda drink. Congrats, lady! xo

thanks Beth!

24. ATasteOfMadness from atasteofmadness.blogspot.ca on said:

Oh boy. Talk about refreshing! This looks SO good!

25. Stephanie from theladyolive.com on said:

I make these all the time but use rum instead of vodka!

26. Ashley from edibleperspective.com on said:

Okay, this is hilarious. I am JUST now seeing this post and what do I have on the blog today? Ginger Kombucha Moscow Mules! Love this idea for a cocktail. It sounds super fresh!

27. Elizabeth on said:

So sad I didn’t see this post before April 9th :( I totally would have voted for you, as this is definitely one of my favorite cooking blogs on the web! Your “detox while you re-tox” saying reminds me of a guy I knew when I used to bartend. He’d always order a vodka & water and say, “I like to rehydrate as I dehyrdrate”. Always gave me a good laugh!

Ha – love it. Thanks, that means so much!

28. Pingback: Kombucha Moscow Mules - Cookie and Kate

29. Pingback: Ginger Kombucha Cocktails

30. Megan from alldrinksconsidered.com on said:

This drink made me fall in love with Kombucha! Thanks so much for sharing. Since then, you’ve inspired me to try more variations with Kosmic Kombucha’s Salty Dog + Vodka and Holy Kombucha’s blood orange. Your blog is amazing and I always admire your posts, pictures, and recipes. Plus you’re a fellow Austinite :)

Ha, I’m so glad!

31. Pingback: Naturally Loriel / 20 Ways to Flavor Your Kombucha - Naturally Loriel