matcha mint iced tea

matcha mint iced tea / loveandlemons.com

We’re about to get fresh around here… it’s spring and suddenly mint is taking over my yard. When I was first setting up this little “garden” area of mine, I was warned that mint would trail out of control. To me, this sounded like a delightful problem to have. I mean, is it even possible to have too much mint?! (I’ll have to answer that one for you later).

First up: this refreshingly simple mint matcha iced tea. This is obviously not a traditional way to use matcha, but I just love it. Instead of whisking your matcha, shake it up in a cocktail shaker (or in a jar with a tight lid), then add ice, mint and lime juice. I preferred mine unsweet, but you want more minty-sweetness, steep the mint into a simple syrup.

matcha mint iced tea

Yield: serves 2

matcha mint iced tea

• 2 cups filtered water
  • 2 teaspoons Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
  • 2 cups crushed ice
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • handfuls of mint
  • optional: honey or cane sugar (or minty simple syrup, see notes)

1. Using a cocktail shaker (or a large jar with a non-leaky lid) shake together the water and matcha until there are no lumps.
  2. Add the ice, a squeeze of lime, handfuls of mint and shake it some more. (Add sweetener if you like).
  3. Pour into glasses with extra lime slices and mint.

Notes

Minty Simple Syrup: Heat 1 part white sugar and 1 part water in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and drop in handfuls of mint and let it steep until it cools to room temp. Strain out the mint and chill until ready to use.

This recipe was created for Aiya America. All opinions are our own.

1. dana from minimalistbaker.com on said:

Gorgeous!! You’re so smart, Jeanine :D

2. Christina from Www.butimhungry.com on said:

This looks so refreshing! Can’t wait until my mint comes up… a few more months for us, I’m afraid!

3. That does sound like a lovely problem to have! I keep meaning to set up a little apartment garden, but I still have beaucoup research to do on gardening in tiny spaces (aka a box next to the window). This tea looks so wonderfully refreshing!

4. What a gorgeous drink! So colorful and vibrant. Perfect for spring! Can’t wait to try this – you’ve convinced me that I need to buy matcha!

Ha! You do – it’s so tasty and healthy :)

5. I s a b e l l e from headredandblondi.blogspot.com on said:

That sounds deliciously refreshing! And it looks beautiful.
    I’d love to make this for a Spring garden tea party :-)

Isabelle @ Head Red & Blondi

6. Julie from inahalfshell.com on said:

Love this! Thanks for sharing — it sounds super refreshing. A must try for this summer… if it ever warms up :(

7. Alanna from bojongourmet.com on said:

Could those be any more beautiful?! I’m so excited about these because I’ve had a tin of matcha in my cupboard that I’m trying to use up, and this looks like the *perfect* application. Thanks!

8. Pingback: Weekend Lovelies - Simply Happenstance

9. Miu from neltempoliberofaccioilgatto.blogspot.it on said:

Hi!I’m sorry for this stupid question, but how can I share this amazing post with my profile google+?

10. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

11. Crista on said:

This looks amazing!!

12. f from fernreedgmailcom on said:

I to have mint every where and thought as I read your mint recipe—- Pesto mint!!!! going to make some!!

13. Liesl from fitnessinthekitchen.us on said:

Ooo, this looks so refreshing! I have tons of mint growing in my back yard too.

14. pang from circahappy.com on said:

Your pic is always SOOOO gorgeous, and this recipe is a MUST-SHAKE.
    Loving all the green and all the love this drink offers :D

• Pang from circahappy.com on said:

Also, congratulations on being 1 of the 6 finalists for BEST COOKING BLOG from Saveur. Already voted for you :D

you’re so sweet, Pang :)

15. Maria Tadic from beanafoodie.com on said:

This is so beautiful! I can’t believe how bright green it is! I love, love, love this. Perfect for Spring – definitely would impress dinner guests! I bet a splash of vodka would make this a wonderful cocktail too!!

Matcha is SO green, I just love it. (and yes, I’ll be trying mine with a splash of vodka next time too) :)

16. chelsea from thegirlwholovedtowrite.com on said:

This sounds so refreshing!

17. Pingback: Crush Mondays | Oh, Hey, Jamie Bakes

18. Mad Betty from madbetty.com on said:

Have a pregnant friend coming to a cocktail party. I can make this for her while the rest of us drink mojitos. That green is gorgeous!

19. Pingback: this week's happiness iii | punctuated with food

20. ATasteOfMadness from atasteofmadness.blogspot.ca on said:

Oh my. This looks gorgeous! I love anything matcha, but I have never had a matcha and mint combo. Yum!

ha, me either, but it totally works :)

21. Wow, this is incredible! Matcha and mint together! And two of my favorite flavors :) You’re so smart!

22. Ceri from naturalkitchenadventures.com on said:

Delicious! I just got into (and blogged) a Matcha Almond Milk latte – def going to add this to the Matcha repertoire. Thanks!

23. Kristin from figsandcream.com on said:

Found this beautiful image via Instagram. The green is so lush!
    Thank you for all that you do!
    Pinned,
    K-

24. James on said:

Nice ! I use this http://bit.ly/1mLszhB

25. Pingback: Food Links I Love | Foodversation

26. Pingback: Alyssa and Carla

27. Pingback: Must Love Brunch Butterfry.me

28. Pingback: Monday Linkage | Jessica Brooke

29. Rosa on said:

Oh my, that looks incredibly appealing. Yes, I’m going to make this! I just love the concept of iced tea with matcha in it. That being said, I’ve been looking for a more unusual kind of iced tea recipe for a while…

P.S. Your website looks like a kitchen wonderland on the internet! The graphics and photography are simply gorgeous.

30. Pingback: matcha mint iced tea | Love and Lemons - Celebrity Chefs TV | Celebrity Chefs TV

31. Pingback: Wish List: Fresh Mint | Cake Over Steak

32. Pingback: gastrogirl: matcha mint iced tea. |

33. Pingback: Not Your Momma's Iced Tea Roundup

34. Pingback: Kristen Bell Pregnant With Second Child | StyleCaster

35. Pingback: Things I Love: Refreshing Summer Drinks

36. Pingback: Matcha | Tea Search™

37. Orange Guard is nott only incredibly safe and effective,
    but it will leave your housee smelling like the amazing fruit that it is made from, oranges.
    Gather up the oranges that you wish to use in this recipe and make sure
    you wash them. All leading handsets including Nokia, Motorola, Sony Erickson, Samsung, LG are
    available with the deal.

Here is my website: moviestarplanet triche vip

38. Felicia on said:

LOVE! I’ve been looking for ways to use my matcha other than matcha lattes (because as yummy as they are, they get boring!) I’m so trying this!

39. Pingback: 21 Matcha Green Tea Recipes You've Got To Try