matcha mint iced tea

matcha mint iced tea /

We’re about to get fresh around here… it’s spring and suddenly mint is taking over my yard. When I was first setting up this little “garden” area of mine, I was warned that mint would trail out of control. To me, this sounded like a delightful problem to have. I mean, is it even possible to have too much mint?! (I’ll have to answer that one for you later).

First up: this refreshingly simple mint matcha iced tea. This is obviously not a traditional way to use matcha, but I just love it. Instead of whisking your matcha, shake it up in a cocktail shaker (or in a jar with a tight lid), then add ice, mint and lime juice. I preferred mine unsweet, but you want more minty-sweetness, steep the mint into a simple syrup.

matcha mint iced tea
Serves: serves 2
  • 2 cups filtered water
  • 2 teaspoons Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
  • 2 cups crushed ice
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • handfuls of mint
  • optional: honey or cane sugar (or minty simple syrup, see notes)
  1. Using a cocktail shaker (or a large jar with a non-leaky lid) shake together the water and matcha until there are no lumps.
  2. Add the ice, a squeeze of lime, handfuls of mint and shake it some more. (Add sweetener if you like).
  3. Pour into glasses with extra lime slices and mint.
Minty Simple Syrup: Heat 1 part white sugar and 1 part water in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and drop in handfuls of mint and let it steep until it cools to room temp. Strain out the mint and chill until ready to use.

This recipe was created for Aiya America. All opinions are our own.

If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.

1. dana from on said:

Gorgeous!! You’re so smart, Jeanine :D

2. Christina from on said:

This looks so refreshing! Can’t wait until my mint comes up… a few more months for us, I’m afraid!

3. That does sound like a lovely problem to have! I keep meaning to set up a little apartment garden, but I still have beaucoup research to do on gardening in tiny spaces (aka a box next to the window). This tea looks so wonderfully refreshing!

4. What a gorgeous drink! So colorful and vibrant. Perfect for spring! Can’t wait to try this – you’ve convinced me that I need to buy matcha!

• jeanine from on said:

Ha! You do – it’s so tasty and healthy :)

5. I s a b e l l e from on said:

That sounds deliciously refreshing! And it looks beautiful.
    I’d love to make this for a Spring garden tea party :-)

Isabelle @ Head Red & Blondi

6. Julie from on said:

Love this! Thanks for sharing — it sounds super refreshing. A must try for this summer… if it ever warms up :(

7. Alanna from on said:

Could those be any more beautiful?! I’m so excited about these because I’ve had a tin of matcha in my cupboard that I’m trying to use up, and this looks like the *perfect* application. Thanks!

8. Pingback: Weekend Lovelies - Simply Happenstance

9. Miu from on said:

Hi!I’m sorry for this stupid question, but how can I share this amazing post with my profile google+?

10. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

11. Crista on said:

This looks amazing!!

12. f from fernreedgmailcom on said:

I to have mint every where and thought as I read your mint recipe—- Pesto mint!!!! going to make some!!

13. Liesl from on said:

Ooo, this looks so refreshing! I have tons of mint growing in my back yard too.

14. pang from on said:

Your pic is always SOOOO gorgeous, and this recipe is a MUST-SHAKE.
    Loving all the green and all the love this drink offers :D

• Pang from on said:

Also, congratulations on being 1 of the 6 finalists for BEST COOKING BLOG from Saveur. Already voted for you :D

• jeanine from on said:

you’re so sweet, Pang :)

• jeanine from on said:

15. Maria Tadic from on said:

This is so beautiful! I can’t believe how bright green it is! I love, love, love this. Perfect for Spring – definitely would impress dinner guests! I bet a splash of vodka would make this a wonderful cocktail too!!

• jeanine from on said:

Matcha is SO green, I just love it. (and yes, I’ll be trying mine with a splash of vodka next time too) :)

16. chelsea from on said:

This sounds so refreshing!

17. Pingback: Crush Mondays | Oh, Hey, Jamie Bakes

18. Mad Betty from on said:

Have a pregnant friend coming to a cocktail party. I can make this for her while the rest of us drink mojitos. That green is gorgeous!

19. Pingback: this week's happiness iii | punctuated with food

20. ATasteOfMadness from on said:

Oh my. This looks gorgeous! I love anything matcha, but I have never had a matcha and mint combo. Yum!

• jeanine from on said:

ha, me either, but it totally works :)

21. Wow, this is incredible! Matcha and mint together! And two of my favorite flavors :) You’re so smart!

22. Ceri from on said:

Delicious! I just got into (and blogged) a Matcha Almond Milk latte – def going to add this to the Matcha repertoire. Thanks!

23. Kristin from on said:

Found this beautiful image via Instagram. The green is so lush!
    Thank you for all that you do!

24. Pingback: Food Links I Love | Foodversation

25. Pingback: Alyssa and Carla

26. Pingback: Must Love Brunch

27. Pingback: Monday Linkage | Jessica Brooke

28. Rosa on said:

Oh my, that looks incredibly appealing. Yes, I’m going to make this! I just love the concept of iced tea with matcha in it. That being said, I’ve been looking for a more unusual kind of iced tea recipe for a while…

P.S. Your website looks like a kitchen wonderland on the internet! The graphics and photography are simply gorgeous.

29. Pingback: matcha mint iced tea | Love and Lemons - Celebrity Chefs TV | Celebrity Chefs TV

30. Pingback: Wish List: Fresh Mint | Cake Over Steak

31. Pingback: gastrogirl: matcha mint iced tea. |

32. Pingback: Not Your Momma's Iced Tea Roundup

33. Pingback: Kristen Bell Pregnant With Second Child | StyleCaster

34. Pingback: Things I Love: Refreshing Summer Drinks

35. Pingback: Matcha | Tea Search™

36. Orange Guard is nott only incredibly safe and effective,
    but it will leave your housee smelling like the amazing fruit that it is made from, oranges.
    Gather up the oranges that you wish to use in this recipe and make sure
    you wash them. All leading handsets including Nokia, Motorola, Sony Erickson, Samsung, LG are
    available with the deal.

Here is my website: moviestarplanet triche vip

37. Felicia on said:

LOVE! I’ve been looking for ways to use my matcha other than matcha lattes (because as yummy as they are, they get boring!) I’m so trying this!

38. Pingback: 21 Matcha Green Tea Recipes You've Got To Try

39. Emily from on said:

Great uses of matcha here, we are loving the recipe ideas and can’t wait to try some out! Check out our jasmine matcha here: :) We are also getting in some white and organic rooisbos matcha too so would love to hear any recipe suggestions you may have for our upcoming matcha blog post in March. Let us know your thoughts!

• fitri amalia from on said:

i prefer use than sugar,.
      nice recipe 5 star

40. Pingback: 35 Brilliant Matcha Recipes | StyleCaster

41. Pingback: 7 Kreasi Makanan Dan Minuman Green Tea Yang Membuatmu Makin Jatuh Cinta Sama Bubuk Hijau Ini

42. Pingback: 7 Kreasi Makanan dan Minuman Green Tea yang Membuatmu Makin Jatuh Cinta Sama Bubuk Hijau Ini - Avatar IT

43. Pingback: 7 Kreasi Makanan dan Minuman Green Tea yang Membuatmu Makin Jatuh Cinta Sama Bubuk Hijau Ini – HELLO HASHTAGER

44. Pingback: 102 Matcha Green Tea Recipes That Are Healthy And Easy

45. Pingback: Weekend Things | Kitchen in the Hills

46. Pingback: Matcha Recipes - Love and Lemons

47. Pingback: 【FOCUS】讓人期待夏天快點正式到來的清涼茶飲 | YBR

48. Pingback: matcha mint iced tea - Zuzi Cooks

49. Pingback: Climbing Grier Mountain » ten must-make matcha recipes

50. Pingback: – Coastal Tea Company

51. Pingback: 10 Delicious Matcha Drink Recipes – Coastal Tea Company

52. Pingback: Matcha Mint Juleps |

53. Pingback: Matcha Green Tea Powder Reviews | How not knowing these 21 Matcha Green Tea Recipes makes you a rookie

54. Pingback: Product Review: Tea Pigs Traditional Matcha Kit (+ Recipes) | Charlie's Crib

55. Pingback: Delicious Iced Tea Recipes For This Summer | WORLD Warotter

56. Pingback: The Best Natural Teas | Storybook Apothecary

57. Pingback: 30 Refreshing Iced Tea Recipes - This West Coast Mommy

58. Pingback: ClassPass Blog | What You Need to Know About Matcha

59. Pingback: Five Delicious Green Tea Recipes | SuburbanSassy.Com

60. Betty on said:

Does anyone know where I can buy matcha in bulk?

61. Pingback: June is Iced Tea Month - Fresh Madison Market

62. Pingback: 7 Refreshing (and Healthy!) Iced Tea Recipes

63. Pingback: The Ultimate Iced Tea Recipe

64. Pingback: June is Iced Tea Month

65. Pingback: Matcha Mint Iced Tea - FreePeople.Club

66. Pingback: Cold Takes On Tea: Recipe Round Up | Capresso

67. Pingback: Matcha Mint Juleps | The Bojon Gourmet

68. Pingback: 10 Iced Tea Recipes To Celebrate The Sun! | Russtea's

69. Pingback: 11 Random Things To Celebrate In June | Only Viral

70. Pingback: And the winners are…

71. Pingback: wedding + event institute pantone contest | Burnett's Boards - Daily Wedding Inspiration