favorite cookbooks, by region

favorite cookbooks, by region / loveandlemons.com
It goes without saying that I collect a lot of cookbooks. Here are some of my favorites, organized by place:

Italy:

Amalfi Coast Recipes
Franny’s: Simple Seasonal Italian
La Cucina: The Regional Cooking of Italy

France:
Lunch in Provence
Little Paris Kitchen: 120 Simple but Classic French Recipes
The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen

UK:
Leon: Ingredients & Recipes (also looking forward to: Fast Vegetarian)
River Cottage Veg: 200 Inspired Vegetable Recipes
Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch

Japan:
Japanese Cooking: A Simple Art
Kansha: Celebrating Japan’s Vegan & Vegetarian Traditions
Japanese Farm Food

Korea & Southeast Asia:
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
The Kimchi Cookbook
Pok Pok: Food from the Streets, Homes & Roadside Restaurants of Thailand

Obviously not every place we love is represented here (hello, Spain?)… please feel free to fill in any blanks I might have missed and let me know some of your favorites!

This post contains affiliate links, any kick backs will most likely go directly back into feeding my obsessive cookbook habit.

1. Shirl on said:

You really must have Ottelenghi’s ‘Jerusalem’ and ‘Plenty’. Life without Middle Eastern food is unimaginable. I adore these books. Love your selection :-) Particularly ‘River Cottage Veg’.

2. I adore books and have quite the collection. There are already so many cookbooks on my wishlist but now I need to add a few more after seeing this list… :)

3. Medha from farmonplate.com on said:

I have new found love for Japanese food and cooking, I am going to check out your suggested books. Thanks for putting list together:)

4. thecitygourmand from thecitygourmand.blogspot.com on said:

Like you, I am also a bit of a cookbook nut. Am fast running out of shelf space!

5. Cecile from chambrayandcoffee.tumblr.com on said:

Thank you! I love your recipes. They’re easy to follow and perfect for a cooking novice, like myself. Also, kimchi is Korean food (East Asia)! It can be a hard dish to cook with, because of its spiciness and pungent smell. But it’s so good for you. It’s great to see more chefs are using it!

6. Brandyn from southerndistinctions.com on said:

Great selection! Little Paris Kitchen is now on my wish list. I’ve been enjoying Essential Pepin and would like to expand.

7. Pang from circahappy.com on said:

OMG!!! These books are so perfect to be on my Christmas list this year. (Love your blog as always) :)

8. I would take on of each but am especially spying on the France ones. Sending this along to my husband.

9. Pingback: Food News Monday, December 16 - Food News Journal : Food News Journal

10. Pingback: This Week On The Web | THE DAME INTERNATIONAL