quinoa quesadillas

quinoa quesadillas w/ black beans and sweet potatoes / loveandlemons.com

Happy day-after Halloween, who’s ready to cook? No one… That’s what I thought. So before we head to Thanksgiving Town, I thought I’d share another quick and easy (and tasty) meal you can throw together using last night’s leftovers…

quinoa quesadillas w/ black beans and sweet potatoes / loveandlemons.comquinoa quesadillas w/ black beans and sweet potatoes / loveandlemons.com

Just like the picture says – take your leftovers from this salad, add some black beans (maybe a few more spices), and some cheese… fold it into tortillas… then dig in to some pretty hearty & healthy quesadillas.

Of course, cook these on your stovetop and not on your marble countertop.

quinoa quesadillas

Yield: serves 2

• Leftover quinoa salad (about 1 cup)
  • 1/2 cup black beans, cooked and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar/jack mix or daiya)
  • small handful of wilty greens
  • 1/2 teaspoon each, chile powder, cumin, and paprika
  • 4 wheat or corn tortillas
  • optional toppings:
  • cilantro
  • sour cream (or greek yogurt + lemon + salt)
  • avocado slices
  • store bought green chile salsa

1. Take your leftover quinoa salad, add some black beans and some additional spices. (to taste).
  2. Place tortilla in a small skillet over medium heat. Add filling and cheese. Fold tortilla in half and press down with the back of a spatula so the cheese melts and starts to stick everything together.
  3. Flip and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from heat, slice, and serve with whatever garnishes you like.

Notes

if you don't have leftover quinoa salad, you can start fresh by mixing some quinoa together with a few roasted sweet potatoes, a little olive oil, salt, and additional spices to taste.

1. This is such a great idea! I never even thought of incorporating quinoa like this. I always placed it as a side dish/entree. x

2. Such a great idea! I have some leftover black beans in the fridge at home that could use some quesadilla love. :)

3. Stefanie from sarcasticcooking.com on said:

Hahaha I love your little disclaimer! Duh of course they do! I love re-purposing leftovers. So smart.

4. Meg from Www.liquidsunshineak.com on said:

Yum! I never thought about using quinoa in a quesadilla. Nom nom

5. what a great new way to use up quinoa!!! + anything mexican flavoured… this will definitely be a hit in my household.

6. Ooh these sound so good! And regarding your marble countertop, I wish I had one of those too for my blog photography this weekend – love the look!

7. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

8. Winnie from healthygreenkitchen.com on said:

So gorgeous! I eat this sort of thing all the time, but mine never look this beautiful.

9. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | pinmeplease

10. I’ve never thought to put quinoa in quesadillas! What a great way to bulk them up without adding more fattening ingredients!

11. Pingback: Tuesday Thoughts {11.05.13} | foodiEcology

12. Sini from myblueandwhitekitchen.com on said:

Wow, I love this! Quinoa in a quesadilla? Yes!

13. J on said:

These look phenomenal! All your food looks delish AMD healthy. I am confused as to which recipes YOU actually eat though? You’re particularly… Thin and speak of lactose sensitivity … Do you actually eat anything other than green juice

Hi J,

Thanks! I eat absolutely everything I post here (nearly every post is our real-life dinner!). I eat dairy in moderation and I’ve actually found that I’m ok with higher quality cheeses… I have a harder time with processed dairy (and also milk and cream, which has more lactose – which is why I use almond milk and coconut milk a lot).

Sometimes (as in this quesadilla case), I’ll put more cheese in Jack’s and just a little bit in mine. I enjoy a green juice from time to time in the morning or as a mid-day snack – hardly ever as a replacement for a real meal… I love food!

14. Pingback: Recipe To Try: Quinoa Quesadillas! | Lucille Roberts Health & Fitness Blog

15. Pingback: Quinoa Recipes - Rachel Cooks

16. Pingback: Recipes We Love: Quinoa Quesadillas! |

17. foodandpresents from foodandpresents.blogspot.co.il on said:

Looks very delicious! I must to try it!