Happy day-after Halloween, who’s ready to cook? No one… That’s what I thought. So before we head to Thanksgiving Town, I thought I’d share another quick and easy (and tasty) meal you can throw together using last night’s leftovers…
Just like the picture says – take your leftovers from this salad, add some black beans (maybe a few more spices), and some cheese… fold it into tortillas… then dig in to some pretty hearty & healthy quesadillas.
Of course, cook these on your stovetop and not on your marble countertop.
- Leftover quinoa salad (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar/jack mix or daiya)
- small handful of wilty greens
- 1/2 teaspoon each, chile powder, cumin, and paprika
- 4 wheat or corn tortillas
- sour cream (or greek yogurt + lemon + salt)
- avocado slices
- store bought green chile salsa
- Take your leftover quinoa salad, add some black beans and some additional spices. (to taste).
- Place tortilla in a small skillet over medium heat. Add filling and cheese. Fold tortilla in half and press down with the back of a spatula so the cheese melts and starts to stick everything together.
- Flip and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from heat, slice, and serve with whatever garnishes you like.
if you don't have leftover quinoa salad, you can start fresh by mixing some quinoa together with a few roasted sweet potatoes, a little olive oil, salt, and additional spices to taste.