peanut soba spring rolls

peanut soba spring rolls / loveandlemons.com

This recipe is a continuation of yesterday’s post… aka. my version of cooking once and eating 3 times. Adding some slight variations each time. These spring rolls are what you make with your leftover noodles when you have barely any left. A little goes a long way to filling these things up.

peanut soba spring rolls / loveandlemons.com

Cook a few mushrooms, slice an avocado, and add some herbs or greens. I would usually make a peanut sauce for dipping but there’s no need for that here because peanut-y goodness is already in the noodles. Serve with some ponzu or light soy sauce and enjoy.

peanut soba spring rolls

peanut soba spring rolls

• leftover peanut noodles
  • vietnamese rice spring roll wrappers
  • mushrooms
  • basil & mint
  • avocado slices
  • ponzu for dipping (or 1/2 soy sauce, 1/2 rice vinegar)

1. Cook the mushrooms by heating a skillet to medium. Add a little bit of oil, then the mushrooms. Cook until browned and soft. Remove from heat, add a little soy sauce, and let them cool to room temp.
  2. Wrap ingredients in spring roll rice wrappers. 1. One at a time, dip rice papers into warm water for 5 seconds. 2. Remove and place on a clean towel. 3. Place ingredients in the center (horizontally), wrap & tuck the sides, then the bottom flap, and then carefully tuck and roll until closed. Serve with ponzu for dipping.

Notes

I like these wrappers. You can find them at whole foods or any asian market.

this post was originally created for Refinery 29

1. These spring rolls look incredibly delicious.
    And what a good idea of making them out of leftovers :)

2. Emma from coconutandberries.com on said:

This is such a great idea! They’re almost too pretty to eat- the key word being almost ;)

3. “aka. my version of cooking once and eating 3 times.”

That is my kind of cooking! I love spring rolls…

4. Cláudia Vasconcelos on said:

A very very wonderful idea :-)
    Delicious…

5. connie from heshewee.wordpress.com on said:

This is exactly what I want for dinner! You guys always have the most amazing recipes :-)

6. I could eat this as leftovers for a WEEK. These spring rolls are AMAZING.

I know, I could eat spring rolls every day :)

7. michelle from lovely-little-things.blogspot.com on said:

yum!

8. Mmm these sound and look delicious! I love making different variations of rice wraps, and I love your cook once, eat 3x thinking. I tend to do most of my meal prep on the weekends, and these might have to be on next week’s menu!

thanks! It was fun to come up with :)

9. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

Yes! 3 recipes and they are all delicious, easy and SO pretty! Count me in!

10. These are always a perfect refreshing treat, even in the winter. All you need to do is warm up the dipping sauce and you’ve got a great fresh and crunchy meets warm and comforting!

Thanks! Yep, I usually just stuff them with whatever I have around :)

thanks Sarah!

11. Maya on said:

Aren’t these actually summer rolls though because they aren’t fried? Either way they look delicious.

12. I have leftover noodles with carrot ginger dressing–you’ve inspired me to spring-roll them.

13. I love getting a lot of different meals out of only cooking once! These spring rolls look divine!

14. Gaby from whatsgabycooking.com on said:

What a gorgeous plate of deliciousness! Wishing I had some right now!

15. Julia from bananenblatt.blogspot.co.at on said:

Hi Jeanine!
    i just discovered your site via a pin of your curried sweet potato soup on pinterest, and i immediately fell in love with it! The bright design and beautiful food photography really caught me! I will browse your past recipes a bit now and look which recipe i could try with the stuff i have on hand…
    Wish you a nice day!
    Julia

thanks Julia, and welcome!

16. Quyen from liveitinerantly.com on said:

Looks delicious! I think this is a great appetizer for the fall as a contrast to the heart fall meals to follow!

17. Tracy on said:

These spring rolls look delicious and easy! Any suggestions on a brand of gluten free ponzu sauce? Thanks!

This one looks to be gluten-free:

Just read the labels to see if they use wheat-free tamari instead of soy sauce. (I’m also going to have a recipe for homemade ponzu coming up)

18. Claudia from Buenprovechoblog.com on said:

This looks soooo good! Love spring rolls!

19. Pingback: Easy Peanut Soba Spring Rolls | Jess Explains It All

20. Pingback: Recently Pinning: Healthy Eats | Pop & Sizzle

21. Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: Waiting until the last minute to try to come up with a linkity title is always a bad idea

22. Pingback: meyer lemon ponzu | Love and Lemons

23. Pingback: 20 To Die For Vegetarian Recipes

24. Pingback: peanut soba spring rolls - Love and Lemons | Clean, Lean and Healthy

25. Pingback: vegan-yums: Peanut soba spring rolls | Dieting and Fitness

26. Pingback: Friday Foodie: Amazing recipes to cook while camping by Love and Lemons |

27. Pingback: summer recipes & some link love | Love and Lemons