easy peanut noodles {2 ways}

easy peanut noodles / loveandlemons.com

I don’t make peanut sauce nearly enough. I forget how easy it is, and that I usually already have all the ingredients on hand. I’ve made other variations before, but this time I wanted to simplify it down to just the necessary six ingredients. It takes about 5 minutes (tops) to stir it together… then toss it with noodles & veggies. Dinner is done.

spicy peanut noodle lettuce wraps / loveandlemons.com

We rarely have leftovers at the end of a meal, but when we do, this is what my lunch looks like the next day. Of course you could just eat the cold noodles on their own, but I get bored easily so this is an example of how I like to slightly switch things up. In this case, I loved the creamy noodles in the crispy lettuce leaves. (And a little extra spice).

easy peanut noodles

Yield: serves 2, plus leftovers

easy peanut noodles

peanut sauce:
  • 1/4 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
  • 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
  • 1.5 teaspoons rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (I keep mine in the freezer)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
  • water, to thin, if necessary
  • noodles & veggies:
  • 8 oz. package soba noodles (or regular pasta, or rice noodles)
  • shiitake mushrooms
  • eggplant
  • red peppers
  • chopped scallions
  • sesame seeds
  • crushed peanuts

1. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for your peanut sauce.
  2. Cook noodles until al dente.
  3. Heat a skillet to medium, add a little oil. Add the mushrooms & eggplant and let cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms become soft. Add the red pepper and scallions and cook for a few minutes more. Add a splash of soy sauce if you wish.
  4. Toss noodles with as much of the peanut sauce as you like. Add veggies. Taste and adjust seasonings.
  5. Top with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Serve warm or cold.

Notes

Sub in whatever veggies you like.

Store extra peanut sauce in the fridge for up to a week.

spicy peanut noodle lettuce wraps

spicy peanut noodle lettuce wraps

• leftover peanut noodles
  • lettuce cups
  • sriracha
  • crushed peanuts
  • ponzu sauce for dipping (or 1/2 soy sauce, 1/2 rice vinegar)
  • (optional - extra peanut sauce)

1. Place leftover noodles in lettuce cups and add sriracha and more crushed peanuts on top. Dip in ponzu sauce and enjoy!

1. Love peanut sauce. It’s so versatile! I love chicken satays and peanut dipping sauce is a must!

2. If there is one noodle dish I simply cannot get enough of, it is peanut noodles. These look perfect.

3. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

Such a great recipe or actually, recipes! Peanut sauce is a great go to quick and easy meal and I love that you simplified it down to only the must haves!

4. I love peanut noodles, those lettuce wraps looks like the perfect Monday blue lunch! So fresh!

Love,
    Anina

5. I love to make more noodles than I need to. They make for the perfect meal side for lunch like these wraps or I like to make thai peanut noodle soup with veggies and tofu.
    Stunning and so refreshing

6. Pingback: peanut soba spring rolls | Love and Lemons

7. Pingback: Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce over Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Rice - Cookie and Kate

8. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

9. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | pinmeplease

10. Angela from loveandlemons on said:

Thank you for reminding me of how easy and DELICIOUS peanut sauce is. Question regarding your comment re: keeping ginger in freezer. Is the ginger whole or do you grate it then freeze it?
    A

I keep it whole in the freezer, and then just grate it as-needed. By the time you grate it, the small shavings are thawed enough to use in anything. One of my favorite tricks!

11. Kristi from journeyinmythirties.wordpress.com on said:

This looks so simple, but so good. I loved noodles with a peanut sauce.

12. Millie from addalittle.wordpress.com on said:

Oooohh, the lettuce wraps sound like a great idea!! And I love peanut noodles to bring for my packed lunch, it’s always great to find a new recipe! :) by the way, I love your photography!!
    If you have a moment, do you mind checking my blog out please? Thanks :)

love your blog! I’ve been checking it out ever since you sent me all the Tokyo recommendations – thank you so much again!!

13. Pingback: Ocean View + Link-ables | Fitness in the Kitchen

14. Alexandra on said:

I tried this recipe last night. I used buckwheat soba noodles that weren’t as visually appealing but still incredibly delicious!

15. Pingback: National Peanut Board » Five Favorite Finds This Week

16. Pingback: A THIRTY DAY CHALLENGE — Cooking Vegetarian | onearism

17. Heather from heatherjli.tumblr.com on said:

The peanut sauce got a little gummy when I added it to the hot noodles but I think it’s because of the kind of noodles I used. They are a kind of Chinese noodles that I think are very starchy so aren’t kind to sauces. I’ll try again with pasta next time.

18. Pingback: Meg's Food! » Spaghetti Squash with Peanut Sauce

19. That process of litigation, then Case Cash Lawsuit Funding division created to offer business funding the coverage for autism.
    If you have discovered several businesses, industrial businesses on the new bridge.
    Good people do business funding not must make any rational sense.

P law firms and only when it comes to your attorney on a voluntary
    basis under the best thing for them. Pain and suffering, lost wages, the
    discussion and a fair settlement until you have to think strategically about it.

20. Pingback: eggplant recipes | Love and Lemons

21. Pingback: 30 Quick And Filling Vegan Dinners | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

22. Pingback: 30 Vegan Dinners you can make in 30 minutes! -

23. Pingback: Retseptid | paksud ei söö

24. Pingback: 実はあなたを満たす30の大急ぎの絶対菜食主義の夕食 | 美味い飯特集!世界の美味い飯!