tomato basil peach skewers

tomato basil peach skewers / loveandlemons.com tomato basil peach skewers / loveandlemons.com

Last weekend, I had a little cocktail party and this is one of the appetizers I served. They fit all my party criteria… seasonal simple bites that could be made at least a few hours ahead of time. Right before serving, I drizzled on some jalapeño lime oil (also made in advance).

The trick to these is that they’re best eaten in one bite, so try to get cherry tomatoes that are on the smaller side. A couple of other notes: don’t forget the basil like I did the first time, (a.k.a. the actual party time)… it really makes this. And be pretty generous with the oil and seasonings because a good amount of it will slide off.

tomato basil & peach skewers

tomato basil & peach skewers

one each per skewer:
  • cherry tomatoes
  • mozzarella balls
  • chopped peaches
  • basil leaves
  • jalapeno-lime oil:
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 roasted jalapeno, sliced in half
  • 1 garlic clove smashed
  • 2 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoons orange juice or agave syrup
  • salt, pepper

1. Mix the oil together and let it sit at room temp for 30 minutes or up to a couple of days. Remove the jalapeno and garlic clove just before using.
  2. Assemble skewers and drizzle with a generous amount of oil, salt, and pepper.

Notes

for a vegan variation: sub diced avocado (that isn't too ripe so that it'll stay on the skewer). This could also be served as a salad in a bowl.

these can be made an hour or two in advance. Chill until ready to serve.

me too, they make things so pretty :)

1. This jalapeno lime oil looks to die for, and is a combo of two of my favorite ingredients. Great quick party app too, lovin’ it!

thanks, I’ve been told recently that I should branch out from my normal lemon-olive oil combo, the lime was nice and summery!

2. Crista from peacelovequinoa.com on said:

why am i not eating these right now?? i have a bunch of little tomatoes in the garden and tomorrow i’ll pick up some peaches. thanks for the inspiration :) xox

3. This looks so good! And I LOVE that cloth you used as a backdrop in the first photo. Perfect!

thanks! It was the total inspiration for the party, i’m in love with it :)

4. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

So cute!! Love these!

5. Eileen from hampiesandwiches.blogspot.com on said:

These guys sound super easy and super delicious! Definitely perfect for a party on a long, sultry afternoon. :)

6. I was so in on this app even before I saw the jalapeno lime oil. That plate and your runner are so adorable, I’m sure these were a hit at the party!

7. Christina from delacasa.wordpress.com on said:

What gorgeous photos – and cute dress! Getting photos of food to be served at parties is always way harder than I anticipate. The last thing I think of when I have guests knocking on the door! I do wonder if you redid these for the photo, judging by the basil comment :P Look forward to getting my hands on fresh mozerella to try these.

good eye! Yes, it was definitely hard to prep for a party and for photos :( . These were so quick to make, it was just as easy to do it again… especially so I could add the basil!

8. Meena from masalaart.wordpress.com on said:

So pretty! Like peachy caprese salad on a stick :) I like your outfit too!

thanks! yep, it’s a good salad without the sticks too :)

9. Ashley from edibleperspective.com on said:

Such a lovely addition!! Love the oil drizzle on top!

10. Pingback: Friday Faves: Summer Tomatoes | Pop & Sizzle