grilled peach & walnut crumble

Grilled Peach & Walnut Crumble // loveandlemons.com

It’s going to be 106 degrees here today, so needless to say, summer is on. If you’re cooking out this weekend, I have the perfect simple dessert for you. No baking is required, just toss some peaches onto your already-hot grill and you’re nearly done.

I, myself, will be having a “cook-in,” making this on my grill pan in my temperature controlled kitchen.

A note about this walnut crumble topping – it’s become my go-to lately for quick desserts. Top it on any kind of fruit, add a scoop of ice cream & dig in.

grilled peach crumble

Serves: serves 4
  • ½ cup walnuts
  • 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • tiny pinch of salt
  • 2 tablespoons cold butter (I use vegan earth balance)
  • a few teaspoons flour*, if necessary for the crumble
  • 4-6 peaches
  • ice cream (I used coconut, use what you like)
  1. Make the crumble by crushing the walnuts together with the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. I did this in a plastic bag using a wooden kitchen mallet, a rolling pin would also work. Add the butter and, using your hands, crumble it into the mix until just combined. If it’s too moist and not crumbly, add a bit of flour.
  2. Slice your peaches and grill for a few minutes on each side.
  3. Serve the peaches with some of the crumble and a scoop if ice cream.
Notes
The crumble can be made ahead, store at room temp for up to a couple of days.

*I used spelt flour, oat flour (gluten free oat flour if necessary), whole wheat, or white would also be fine.

1. Simple and wonderful. The crumble looks nicely textural, and I like the grill marks on those peaches!

2. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

In love! This is awesome! I love the grilled peach and the crumble. For me this is a perfect summer snack!

3. Ash on said:

It’s 106 where I am too! Are you in Ca? (valley)

Austin, TX :)

4. Becca from twoplacesatonceblog.blogspot.com on said:

Perfect dessert for the Texas heat! I”m not looking forward to the 106 degree heat here either :(

5. this would be an amazing summer snack with all the fresh peaches right now – or even a more amazing breakfast for me!!!

6. I love doing this with pineapple too! The charr marks are so pretty and add their own smoke hue to the stone fruit. I like using seed and nut combos for a mix flavour and serve it with good thick yoghurt. Lovely

sounds delicious, I love grilled pineapple :)

7. Simple, delicious and summery!! Love the grilled peach in this crumble :)

8. Feenomenale from cookiesdelice.canalblog.com on said:

It´s a fresh dish ans crusty like I like. Yummy!!

9. Claudia from curiousforks.com on said:

Although summer has not yet arrived in Germany, I will try this soon! Always appreciate your simple ideas.

thanks Claudia!

10. Kasey from turntablekitchen.com on said:

106? Oh dear. I hope there’s a pool, or sprinkler near you :) Crumbles are my favorite summer desserts…

there is… and some blasting ac :)

Oh grilled peaches sound too good especially with that crunchy topping. What a perfect summer dessert.

12. I love this crumble topping! I can see how it would become a go-to on the daily! Hope you are staying cool!

13. Pingback: earthquake state // designs | One Two Three: Summer Party Edition

14. Alyssa from livinlyssa.wordpress.com on said:

I sent this recipe over to a friend to make this weekend as he was having a BBQ/Pool Party. It was absolutely delicious! The crumble was sweet and crunchy and paired perfectly with the warm soft peaches and some decadent ice cream! Well done with this recipe!

oh, so glad it was a hit!

15. Pingback: Around the blogosphere | maedchenmitherz.

16. Pingback: Fourteen Ways with Peaches | Savvy Eats

17. Ashleigh from scratchymama.com on said:

I love how simple this recipe is. Thanks for sharing!