Mango pops. These two words just feel happy together… and even happier between a couple of cute little fat asterisks. To be honest, I’ve been in a slight bit of a funk lately, but as I sit here to write this post, I’m realizing that there are so many things to be happy about. I don’t want to turn this into a big “be grateful for your life” post (although, be grateful for your life, it’s a good thing). But maybe take a second to think about the tiny things that make your world go ’round. For example mine, right at this moment are: the color yellow, words with o’s in them, asterisks, things that are mini, melty foods on hot summer days… raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens… you get the idea.
And now onto the food. It’s happy food. I mean, how can you talk about mangoes and not be happy? These pops are super simple with just mango, lime juice and a touch of coconut milk. I had a few pinches of sugar ready, but mangoes are so sweet just as they are that I didn’t end up adding it.
Happy weekend! xo
- 2 ripe mangoes, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (or about 1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 plastic 3 oz. cups or popsicle molds
- small wooden craft sticks
- In a high speed blender, puree all ingredients. Taste and adjust, adding more lime or a pinch of sugar if you like.
- Pour into plastic cups or popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. After the first 2 hours, place the sticks into the partially frozen pops.
This is recipe #4 of 5 that I created for the Mango Board.