mango lime pops

mango lime pops / loveandlemons.commango lime pops / loveandlemons.com

Mango pops. These two words just feel happy together… and even happier between a couple of cute little fat asterisks. To be honest, I’ve been in a slight bit of a funk lately, but as I sit here to write this post, I’m realizing that there are so many things to be happy about. I don’t want to turn this into a big “be grateful for your life” post (although, be grateful for your life, it’s a good thing). But maybe take a second to think about the tiny things that make your world go ’round. For example mine, right at this moment are: the color yellow, words with o’s in them, asterisks, things that are mini,┬ámelty foods on hot summer days… raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens… you get the idea.

And now onto the food. It’s happy food. I mean, how can you talk about mangoes and not be happy? These pops are super simple with just mango, lime juice and a touch of coconut milk. I had a few pinches of sugar ready, but mangoes are so sweet just as they are that I didn’t end up adding it.

mango lime pops / loveandlemons.com

Happy weekend! xo

mango lime pops

Yield: makes approx. 8-9 3oz. pops, depending on the size of your mangoes

mango lime pops

• 2 ripe mangoes, chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced (or about 1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
  • 1/4 cup light coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 9 plastic 3 oz. cups or popsicle molds
  • small wooden craft sticks

1. In a high speed blender, puree all ingredients. Taste and adjust, adding more lime or a pinch of sugar if you like.
  2. Pour into plastic cups or popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. After the first 2 hours, place the sticks into the partially frozen pops.

This is recipe #4 of 5 that I created for the Mango Board.

1. Becky from star-violet.com on said:

Wow, looks so tasty! Reminds me of nice summery days.

2. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

So good looking! Seriously, these are so cute and I go crazy for mango anything!

3. Janie from hedgecombers.com on said:

Wowsers! They look florescent :)
    They also sound like a great mix of flavours.
    Janie x

I know, that mango is super bright!

4. Lindsay from thismidwest.com on said:

Oh yum! Thanks for sharing!

5. kelley from mountainmamacooks.com on said:

I’ve been waiting for you to make these! Those jars are adorable. Thanks for your hospitality last week in Austin!

so great seeing you… hope you got the BBQ home alright :)

6. I am allergic to mango but these look gorgeous! Where did you get those cute mini popsicle sticks?

oh so sad :). I got them on amazon (had to get a box of 100, so I guess we’ll be eating a lot of popsicles this summer!)

7. Pingback: bon weekend : birthday girl | bonjour jacqueline

8. A. Bird on said:

Made these for a dinner party last night, they turned out really great! I added diced pineapple mint leaves, they made a great addition.

Thanks for the recipe!

so glad they were a hit! Lovely additions :)

Oh you’re right, just reading about these makes me feel happy!

10. Gina from runningtothekitchen.com on said:

This is the third ice cream/frozen treat I’ve read in a row this morning, they’re killing me! Love the mango-lime combo, definitely something that makes me happy :)

ha, thanks Gina :)

11. These are gorgeous! And love that they don’t require any fancy equipment or “molds”, other than small little cups. These would be perfect for a big get together or dinner party outside.

Thanks Laura, I figure everyone doesn’t have extra cabinet space for the oh-so-necessary popsicle molds :)

12. Trisha from sugarthumb.wordpress.com on said:

Looks awesommmmmmmmmme!

So hot here in berlin, Im gonna need some of this!

thanks! I’m so excited I have a reader in Berlin, we were there recently and just loved it :)

13. I would be hard pressed to be sad too if I had some of those to eat. So vibrant and cheerful and delicious, I bet!

14. Pingback: Design Crush » Popsicles + Poptails ’13

15. Pingback: 8 Recipes for a Happy and Healthy 4th of July - Healthy Way to Cook

16. Pingback: Mango Festival 2013: Mango Beer by Schnebly, Mango Sticky Rice by Khong, Mango Melt by Chef Susser – Miami – Restaurants and Dining – Short Order | House stuff

17. Pingback: summer recipes & some link love | Love and Lemons

18. Pingback: Saturday Link Love » Stripped Chic

19. Amy from sliceofsunny.com on said:

Can’t wait to give these a go this summer. What a fun and tasty way to eat bright colours! x

20. Pingback: vanilla peach pops | Love and Lemons