mango lime pops

mango lime pops / loveandlemons.com mango lime pops / loveandlemons.com

Mango pops. These two words just feel happy together… and even happier between a couple of cute little fat asterisks. To be honest, I’ve been in a slight bit of a funk lately, but as I sit here to write this post, I’m realizing that there are so many things to be happy about. I don’t want to turn this into a big “be grateful for your life” post (although, be grateful for your life, it’s a good thing). But maybe take a second to think about the tiny things that make your world go ’round. For example mine, right at this moment are: the color yellow, words with o’s in them, asterisks, things that are mini, melty foods on hot summer days… raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens… you get the idea.

And now onto the food. It’s happy food. I mean, how can you talk about mangoes and not be happy? These pops are super simple with just mango, lime juice and a touch of coconut milk. I had a few pinches of sugar ready, but mangoes are so sweet just as they are that I didn’t end up adding it.

mango lime pops / loveandlemons.com

Happy weekend! xo

mango lime pops

Serves: makes approx. 8-9 3oz. pops, depending on the size of your mangoes
  • 2 ripe mangoes, chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced (or about ¼ cup fresh lime juice)
  • ¼ cup light coconut milk
  • ½ cup water
  • 9 plastic 3 oz. cups or popsicle molds
  • small wooden craft sticks
  1. In a high speed blender, puree all ingredients. Taste and adjust, adding more lime or a pinch of sugar if you like.
  2. Pour into plastic cups or popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. After the first 2 hours, place the sticks into the partially frozen pops.

This is recipe #4 of 5 that I created for the Mango Board.

1. Becky from star-violet.com on said:

Wow, looks so tasty! Reminds me of nice summery days.

2. Tieghan from halfbakedharvest.com on said:

So good looking! Seriously, these are so cute and I go crazy for mango anything!

3. Janie from hedgecombers.com on said:

Wowsers! They look florescent :)
    They also sound like a great mix of flavours.
    Janie x

I know, that mango is super bright!

4. Lindsay from thismidwest.com on said:

Oh yum! Thanks for sharing!

5. kelley from mountainmamacooks.com on said:

I’ve been waiting for you to make these! Those jars are adorable. Thanks for your hospitality last week in Austin!

so great seeing you… hope you got the BBQ home alright :)

6. I am allergic to mango but these look gorgeous! Where did you get those cute mini popsicle sticks?

oh so sad :). I got them on amazon (had to get a box of 100, so I guess we’ll be eating a lot of popsicles this summer!)

7. Pingback: bon weekend : birthday girl | bonjour jacqueline

8. A. Bird on said:

Made these for a dinner party last night, they turned out really great! I added diced pineapple mint leaves, they made a great addition.

Thanks for the recipe!

so glad they were a hit! Lovely additions :)

Oh you’re right, just reading about these makes me feel happy!

10. Gina from runningtothekitchen.com on said:

This is the third ice cream/frozen treat I’ve read in a row this morning, they’re killing me! Love the mango-lime combo, definitely something that makes me happy :)

ha, thanks Gina :)

11. These are gorgeous! And love that they don’t require any fancy equipment or “molds”, other than small little cups. These would be perfect for a big get together or dinner party outside.

Thanks Laura, I figure everyone doesn’t have extra cabinet space for the oh-so-necessary popsicle molds :)

12. Trisha from sugarthumb.wordpress.com on said:

Looks awesommmmmmmmmme!

So hot here in berlin, Im gonna need some of this!

thanks! I’m so excited I have a reader in Berlin, we were there recently and just loved it :)

13. I would be hard pressed to be sad too if I had some of those to eat. So vibrant and cheerful and delicious, I bet!

14. Pingback: Design Crush » Popsicles + Poptails ’13

15. Pingback: 8 Recipes for a Happy and Healthy 4th of July - Healthy Way to Cook

16. Pingback: Mango Festival 2013: Mango Beer by Schnebly, Mango Sticky Rice by Khong, Mango Melt by Chef Susser – Miami – Restaurants and Dining – Short Order | House stuff

17. Pingback: summer recipes & some link love | Love and Lemons

18. Pingback: Saturday Link Love » Stripped Chic

19. Amy from sliceofsunny.com on said:

Can’t wait to give these a go this summer. What a fun and tasty way to eat bright colours! x

20. Pingback: vanilla peach pops | Love and Lemons

21. Pingback: mango lime pops | once upon a Monday

22. Pingback: 30 Healthy Food Habits To Share With Your Kids | Kokoshungsan Daily PostKokoshungsan Daily Post