chocolate almond breeze smoothie

Chocolate Almond Breeze Smoothie // loveandlemons.comChocolate Almond Breeze Smoothie // loveandlemons.comChocolate Almond Breeze Smoothie // loveandlemons.com

Now that January is over and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I think it’s time to trade in our kale drinks for rich & creamy chocolate-y treats. Because we’ve been good after-all… haven’t we?

Something you might not expect that’s a fixture in our fridge is chocolate almond milk. Jack drinks a mocha with it every morning. And he occasionally makes us milk-less milkshakes (kindly accommodating for my my lactose intolerance). He doesn’t cook often but two of his designated tasks are: 1. Coffee Pour-er, and 2. Blender-man.

This is his most recent blended treat… frozen bananas with chocolate almond milk and gooey almond butter… and a dash of cinnamon for a spicy unexpected twist.

chocolate almond breeze smoothie

Yield: makes 1 smoothie

chocolate almond breeze smoothie

• 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Chocolate Almond Breeze Almondmilk
  • 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
  • 1 frozen banana
  • handful of ice (or freeze your chocolate milk and skip the ice)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • optional - espresso powder
  • optional:
  • coconut cream
  • cinnamon or cocoa powder for dusting

1. Blend all ingredients together, taste and adjust to your liking (more banana, more almond milk, more almond butter, etc). You can make it as light or as rich and thick as you prefer.
  2. Top with a scoop of coconut cream and a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa.
  3. Coconut cream: open a can of full fat coconut milk in the freezer overnight, spoon the thick part off the top & stir it until smooth.

I thought they were so cute too, I’ve been holding onto them waiting for the right post :)

1. Angel Y. from static-romance.org on said:

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try when it out for myself. :)

2. Looks like a great afternoon snack, I’d love to have one of these at my desk right now! :)

you and me both!

3. Dana from celiackiddo.wordpress.com on said:

Oh my goodness (that’s not exactly the word that came to mind when I saw this post) but WOW!! I’m buying chocolate almond milk asap to make this delicious treat.
    -Dana

ha! well, goodness it is :)

4. Christina from delacasa.wordpress.com on said:

Such a relief from the green monster overload. How do you not have shadows in your photos? I remember from your home photoshoot that you have huge windows, so I assume you therefore get light from all directions…? I love how all the photos on Love and Lemons match perfectly – same lighting, same marbled counter, same white cloths beneath; beautiful.

there are some shadows here :)

Very often we shoot at night with even diffused light. Marble is our best kitchen surface, and I’m a total sucker for it. (hopefully it’s not getting to boring!). I do need to find more kitchen towels – I have such a hard time finding really simple ones that don’t take away from the color/pattern of the food itself.

5. sandra from meadowscooks.blogspot.com on said:

yummy. I will be making this soon!

6. I should not be reading this while hungry! Looks lush. We have only just got Almond Breeze here in the UK so I will look out for it. Thanks, and agree about the continuity of your images. Very relaxing to look at too.

Ha, thanks! Yea I really like it, if you’re in London I’m sure they probably have it at that super big whole foods.

7. Courtney Jones from thefigtree.blogspot.com on said:

These sound like the ultimate smoothie! Almond, chocolate, cinnamon and banana! What’s not to love? :)

8. Looks lovely and indulgent… especially with that generous amount of almond butter, yum!

we try to be generous :)

9. Ashley from edibleperspective.com on said:

Well this clearly needs to happen. Especially with the optional espresso powder!

10. cristina from violet-woods.blogspot.com on said:

i love this!

11. Lauren from lakeshorelady.com on said:

I literally pin every recipe you post! DEFINITELY making this!

12. Jess on said:

Silly question- could this be made with chocolate whole milk? I have a skinny boy who needs “good” fats- nut butters and whole milk are at the top of the list. I think he’d like this but I don’t know if almond milk is the same consistency or if I’d need to alter anything… Silly question, I know!

Hi Jess, wow, what a lucky problem he has! You could… it would be an even swap. I’m lactose intolerant, so we try to avoid dairy… especially with milk because the almond milk is so tasty it doesn’t feel like a compromise.

• Jess on said:

I wish it was a lucky problem! lol He’s skinny because he was a preemie, and it is soooo hard to get him to put on weight and/or eat. So this smoothie can potentially help “smooth out” (heh) his choking issues and lack of fats issues! Thank you! :-)

13. Oh man, this just made my day! I think I might just be sipping on one of these suckers after my run today :)

14. Pingback: Wednesday: Newsy Snacks For Busy People | justb.

15. Maria from twopeasandtheirpod.com on said:

Wish I was sipping on this smoothie right now!

16. Lisa from politicalscience.com on said:

I’d surely love the taste of this smoothie! And love its vintage look…

17. Yum, thanks for the idea! It inspired me to make a “dessert” smoothie, which isn’t quite as healthy as this one but along the same vein: almond butter, almond milk, oats, honey, and a few chocolate chips thrown in.

18. Chedva from roomsandwords.com on said:

This looks amazing! Funny, my husband is also the coffee pourer and blender operator at our house:)

19. vicki archer from vickiarcher.com on said:

Yum… it’s lunch time for me and this is really making my mouth water… xv

20. Manja on said:

It’s wonderful! I used santen with water and made coconutcream. So it’s not cold, but warm (since it is winter it doesn’t matter). And I used a little cacao as well. Thanks!

21. sarah from honeyandlimes.wordpress.com on said:

Wow, had no idea they make chocolate almond milk. Sounds wonderful (I agree, gone are the kale juice days, it’s february folks!).

22. Shira from inpursuitofmore.com on said:

This looks fantastic! I love anything with almonds & chocolate – so satisfying :) I am so going to try this!

23. Nancy Reid on said:

I had my Almond milk smoothie this morning! Frozen banana, blueberries, pineapple, protein powder, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, 1 cup of almond milk!

24. Becky from thevintagemixer.com on said:

This sounds like a great non-guilty treat! Oh and my man is also the coffee guy ;)

25. Elka on said:

Looks delish but I’ve become allergic to bananas. Can this be done with any other fruit?

Hi Elka,

You might want to experiment with other fruits you like. I’m not sure if there’s one that replicates a banana (especially in texture), so it’s hard for me to suggest a direct replacement. I’ll have some other fruit smoothies coming up soon!

26. maci from thethoughtfulplate.wordpress.com on said:

I just thought I’d let you know that I’m whipping this up tonight for about the 86th time since you posted it. I usually quadruple the recipe for my family, but tonight it’s just me :) It’s seriously one of our favorite desserts now!

wow 86th… so glad you and your family like it, thanks so much for letting me know!

• maci from Thethoughtfulplate.wordpress.com on said:

Possibly a slight exaggeration… but only slight ;)

27. Chocolate Lover on said:

Hi Jeannine,
    We have chocolate almond milk in the fridge, but it’s running low. We also have plain, unsweetened almond milk, so I was wondering if I could sub plain almond milk with a tbsp cocoa powder for chocolate almond milk? My only concern is the sweetness…Or else I’d totally make this.

I would do that an then add a sweetener of choice if you felt like it needed it (sugar, honey, agave, etc)… But the sweetness of the bananas might be enough, depending on your own personal taste.

28. admattai from twitter.com on said:

just made this smoothie for a healthy dessert – so good! will be in my regular rotation. thanks for the great recipe :)

so glad you liked it!

29. Pingback: Wednesday Words – 10 Great Reads | Fitness in the Kitchen

30. Pingback: CONTINUED – WEEK END LOVES #2 | be. get. see.

31. P Howard Dilling on said:

Also, Blue Diamond is on the list for Non-GMOs accreditation! That’s a company I will support.