thanksgiving inspiration

Thanksgiving came up so quickly this year, didn’t it? In case you’re still trying to narrow down what to make, I wanted to share some of my favorites from around the web.

Great round-ups filled with tons of ideas:

Bon Appétit:
Thanksgiving doesn’t have to kill you
(written by my friend Marissa Lippert of Nourish)

Food 52:
Veganizing Thanksgiving

Style Me Pretty:
e-Thanksgiving guide (which is so gorgeous, by the way)

Camille Styles:
10 Best: Dishes with a Twist

…and of course My fall food Pinterest board

My top picks, by course:

appetizer:
Pumpkin Bruschetta from Kwestia Smaku

side dishes:
Brussels Sprout Salad with Red Onion and Pecorino from Not Without Salt
Salt + Vinegar Kale Mashed Potatoes from Edible Perspective

veggie main course: (could also be a side dish)
Curry-Yogurt Acorn Squash with Cilantro Quinoa from Naturally Ella

dessert:
Pear + Apple + Ginger Crumble by Jewels of New York for West Elm

dessert cocktail: (because you can have two desserts on Thanksgiving)
Pumpkin Bourbon Milkshakes from Shutterbean

happy meal planning!

1. Crista from peacelovequinoa.com on said:

i LOVE this roundup. THANK OU for sharing. I’m so excited to plan my vegan Thanksgiving meal this year….

2. Jack's sister on said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring the cornbread stuffing to Thanksgiving Dinner! We’ve also been loving different brussel sprout recipes lately…the onion one above looks great. Marlowe in San Francisco had these flash-fried/lightly-breaded ones that was an appetizer alternative to chips. Lambert’s here in Austin has a version that has a Teriyaki essence to them. Whole Foods downtown has dijon brussel sprouts which are amazing. I, like your husband, couldn’t stand them when we were kids but doing something a little different with them has converted me!

3. brianna from observantnomad.com on said:

Nice roundup! Like the virtual Thanksgiving meal plan.

4. Ashley from edibleperspective.com on said:

I bought all of the ingredients for the poblano cornbread stuffing. It’s happening for Thursday and I cannot wait. We have a big get together with friends (about 15) and there is always a shortage on oven space, so I’m going to “bake” the stuffing in a crock pot with veggie stock, eggs, and butter. I did this last year and it was fantastic. It’s almost like a savory bread pudding in texture where it all cooks together but the top stays crispy. Thanks so much for including me on your roundup list!! Hope you have a wonderful feast!

5. Allyn from lollingabout.wordpress.com on said:

I love this roundup! Your poblano cornbread stuffing is on ours! http://lollingabout.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/thanksgiving-2012/

thanks! oh, your sassy green beans look delicious, btw!

6. I loved that Bon Apetit article! Such great tips. I just pinned pretty much all the recipes you listed….they all look fabulous! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)