miso-maple sweet potato tacos

miso maple sweet potato tacos / loveandlemons.com

It’s good to be home. We got back from Barcelona late last night… a shower never felt so good and my bed has never felt so soft. Yet I still woke up around 5am, in the dark, ready to start the day in some other time zone. Hours and multiple cups of coffee later, I’m still in my pajamas, the puppy is in my lap… and I feel like quite the energetic insomniac.

miso maple sweet potato tacos / loveandlemons.com

Did you happen to see our kitchen tour yesterday?

We shot that just before we left for our trip along with this recipe. The heat here in Austin is just beginning to lift and refreshing cool(ish) breezes are are starting to feel like fall. Technically it’s still in the 90′s, but relative to what it was… it feels like sweet potato time.

miso maple sweet potato tacos / loveandlemons.com

The glaze in this is similar to a Japanese dengaku sauce. I altered it by using maple instead of regular sugar. And I served it with a cilantro coconut pepita sauce instead of normal salsa.

miso maple sweet potato tacos / loveandlemons.com

Top your tacos with some toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch and some slices of creamy avocado. And a good squeeze of lime. (For protein, feel free to add in some black beans, or serve some on the side).

miso-maple sweet potato tacos

• Toasted pepitas
  • cilantro-coconut sauce
  • 1/2 cup light coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 cup basil leaves
  • 1 scallion, green and white parts, chopped
  • 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • Splash of Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
  • Pinch of sugar (optional)
  • Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Whisk the miso paste, maple syrup, and vinegar together in a small bowl. Spread sweet potatoes and onions in a single layer on a baking sheet (you might need 2 baking sheets). Drizzle with a little olive oil, and then liberally brush the glaze over the vegetables.
  2. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. The time will vary depending on the heat of your oven and the size of your sweet potato cubes. The onions will likely be done first so be sure to watch and take them out when they're nicely browned but not burnt. When the sweet potatoes are finished, remove from the oven, taste and add another brushing of glaze if you wish.
  3. Make the cilantro sauce by pulsing all ingredients together In a food processor until just combined.
  4. Serve on warm corn tortillas with cilantro-coconut sauce and whatever fixings you like.

image #1 by us.
images #2, 3, 4 and 5 by Chris Perez for Apartment Therapy.

1. “I feel like quite the energetic insomniac.” That would be me, like every day, lately :).

So happy you’re home safe & sound. Nothing like your own bed after traveling in a foreign land.

I love the addition of pumpkin seeds–such a great touch!

2. Elle from happyyogis.com on said:

Yes! Another way to incorporate sweet potatoes. Love all the taco options on your site!

3. Kasey from turntablekitchen.com on said:

Your kitchen is absolutely stunning! Can I move in? Sweet potato tacos with a little kick of miso sound fantastic for this time of year. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

4. Yum, I saw these yesterday, They look amazing and the photos were great. Congrats on the feature, so exciting.

5. Phi from princesstofu.com on said:

Image #1 looks great. I love your tacos interpretations. They are very vegetarian friendly and seasonal.

I loved seeing your kitchen; it’s just so beautiful and light. It really reminds me of your blog actually – it’s clearly the perfect space for you! Love the combination of flavours in these tacos and especially that miso glaze!

7. Manon from sattkochen.wordpress.com on said:

wow your kitchen is AMAZING. I love every single bit of it.

8. I use that same miso marinade for fish too, but I’d never thought of using it with sweet potatoes. I’ll have to try it!

9. Cara from biggirlssmallkitchen.com on said:

I want to eat tacos every night right now – yours first! Such pretty pictures, too.

10. Beautiful recipe ! I love it, you always post such original ideas, thanks for that !

11. Courtney Jones from thefigtree.blogspot.com on said:

These look incredible! Love all of the flavours. And the pretty colours!

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, but it’s always nice to come home :)

12. Maria from twopeasandtheirpod.com on said:

Great fall tacos!

13. Missy on said:

Made this last night and it was delicious! Everyone raved about it and I stuffed myself :)

Thank you!

I’m so glad, thanks for sharing!

14. Have I mentioned that I’m in love with your kitchen? I’m also pretty crazy about these tacos, they look and sound amazing.

15. Pingback: Loving Love and Lemons | Tortfeeder

16. Pingback: Jess in Belgium: {Ingredients please} Avocado love

17. Pingback: 31-Recipe Challenge: Day 2 — Veggie Style! « Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Foodiness

18. Pingback: breanna rose / currently : 06

19. Pingback: M is for … | V-Spot

20. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo | Savoir Faire Abroad

21. Pingback: cozy fall recipes | Love and Lemons

22. Just made these and added a jalapeño to the dressing to spice it up a bit. Had to double the volume of the dressing because it was just too good. Will be made again and again and again… thanks for sharing! Love this blog!

Hi Tasha, I’m so happy you liked it them!

23. Pingback: nasu dengaku {miso eggplant} | Love and Lemons

24. Pingback: WEEKEND LINKS | Cassandra Photo

25. Pingback: Where did the magic go? | The Plenty Healthy LifeThe Plenty Healthy Life

26. Roseann from tr.im on said:

0 (HARP) is failing to reach most qualifying borrowers.
    Quotes that providers give are based on the amount you wish to cover each month and age when applying, and you
    usually pay for the policy through monthly premiums. This is due to poor selling techniques
    being used at the time of selling, either because high street lenders want to push the cover alongside the loan or those selling cover have no training in selling.

Here is my web blog: self employed mortgages; Roseann,

27. A recent study by the Silver Promotion Service showed that 46
    percent of consumers prefer white metals for diamond jewelry.
    VAL – Jerry Van Amburg founded Van Amburg Leathers.
    Be sure to always wear your jewelry where ever you go: wear them at your job,
    when you visit the grocery, or when you attend parties.

Feel free to surf to my blog post; online jewelry shoppe

28. Maynard from split.info on said:

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I might as well check things out.

I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to looking into your web page for a second time.

29. Pingback: Miso-maple sweet potato tacos - fancy-edibles.com

30. Dawn Garcia from atodmagazine.com on said:

I had to share this in my Magazine! This is my “Recipe of the Day”. Thanks for cooking up yummy dishes!

Best,

Dawn Garcia
    Editor-in-Chief
    ATOD Magazine™ | A Taste of Dawn
    Los Angeles
    www.ATODMagazine.com

31. Pingback: Lekker gelinkt: inspiratie voor wereldveggiedag | de groene prinses