barcelona, a surprise trip

I promise next week… back to the recipes. Today is the last day of our trip and I just have one last while-traveling travel post…

Last week, Jack and I celebrated our third anniversary in Amsterdam. At dinner, I surprised him with this little detour I had planned to Barcelona for the last leg of our trip. I love a good surprise … and Jack is so oblivious to everything which makes these things incredibly easy to pull off.

We have a special place in our hearts for Barcelona – we were here about four years ago (he proposed to me during that trip). Since then this city has had a special place in our hearts… and, well, our stomachs.

I can post a few more details at home later on when I have some more time at the computer… for now, I need to pack up because we’re planning on hitting La Boqueria in the morning before we head to the airport for one last round of tapas… breakfast style.

1. Sonja from acouplecooks.com on said:

Oh, Barcelona is one of my favorite cities ever! I studied abroad in Spain (Madrid) and fell in love with Barcelona, among the many other amazing Spanish cities. Would love to chat with you more about it. The Sagrada Familia makes me weak at the knees — so great! :) What a wonderful surprise!

2. yay happy anniversary and enjoy Barcelona! Can’t wait to see your photos.

What a wonderful surprise! It sounds like you’ve had a perfect trip :)

4. Dana from celiackiddo.wordpress.com on said:

Oh Barcelona is so beautiful! I studied abroad in Salamanca and one of my favorite Spanish cities is definitely Barcelona. Enjoy and happy anniversary.
    -Dana

5. Jaime from laviejaime.com on said:

I am going to Barcelona in November- i cannot wait!

6. Anneke from maizeeater.wordpress.com on said:

Hi Jeanine, congratulations on your anniversary! Looks like you had a great trip. Your pictures of Amsterdam made me miss my home town; especially your photo of the apple pie! I’ll have to bake one soon I think. Have a safe journey home.

7. Wow what a lucky hubby! Such a great surprise, looks like you had a nice time. Can’t wait to see more from all of your travels. Safe travels home.

8. Carolyn from umamigirl.com on said:

Love it! We also went to Amsterdam and Barcelona this summer (plus Lisbon), and we loved them both so much. Glad you had a great time!

9. Courtney Jones from thefigtree.blogspot.com on said:

It’s a dream of mine to go to Spain :) I hope to get there in the next few years. I am very much looking forward to the architecture, scenery and of course the food!

Awesome surprise to go to Barcelona. So sweet that you returned to where you got engaged on your anniversary trip :)