amsterdam snapshots

We’re onto our next destination, but I wanted to share some quick snapshots of our few days in Amsterdam… (we had a little snaffoo with the berlin photos, I’ll share those later).

A whole bunch of readers mentioned Cafe Winkel for the best apple pie in Amsterdam… (thanks readers!) It was the perfect stop while walking around the city on a cold and rainy afternoon. And it did not disappoint – it’s not as pastry-ey as American apple pie… it was more of a cross between pie and cake. Which I loved because, well, I like cake.

Two nights ago, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We had a cosy dinner at Balthazar’s Keuken and a walk around the canals… they are just so beautiful at night.

Happy anniversary, it sounds like you’re having a wonderful trip. I’ve never actually been to Amsterdam; I really should rectify that.

2. Happy Anniversary! Looks like you are having a great time, your photos are amazing! Have fun.

3. sreebindu from sreebindu.blogspot.in on said:

Happy Anniversary :) ) beautiful pics :)
    xx

4. Kyla from kylaisinspired.com on said:

Beautiful blog, and beautiful snapshots! It’s always been a dream of mine to vist Amsterdam :)

5. Anastasia from Decemberdaily.wordpress.com on said:

I love your photos:-) how did you creat this pretty collage with the stitched borders while on the go? Did you take a laptop with you? Picturing you sitting in a cafe and post processing pics:-)

ha, close… yes I have my laptop. In the afternoons we’ve been taking a few hours to sit down and relax before heading back out. And these are just some iphone snaps, so it’s pretty quick :) I have a whole slew of photos to go through later from the good camera.

6. Ginger from Thealbrecht.com on said:

Looks like you’re having so much fun! I’ll pine quietly over those street fries -yummy!

7. Allie Shultz from allieshultz.blogspot.com on said:

Adorable photos! I’ve always loved the idea of grabbing fries on the street and exploring a new town. Looks like a wonderful trip.