peach salsa tostada

I know, peaches 2 posts in a row… I usually try to mix it up a bit more, but I just had so many peaches left over after that salad. I had never grilled peaches before so I got tons extra “just in case.” And like always, when I plan for the worst (which is almost never), things work out. So last night we finished off the last of those peaches with these yummy black bean tostadas with peach salsa.

And speaking of awesome planning, we’re headed to the airport in a little while (off to Chicago) and I’m scrambling. This morning I had only 2 things on today’s agenda – pack and write this post. Those 2 tasks somehow turned into 20, including shuffle dogs around, move computer files around, clean out the fridge, and make final restaurant reservations for the trip. Which all still sound reasonable enough except for the fact that I’ve been completely slowed down by last night’s (3-hour long) Bachelorette finale episode streaming on my computer in the background. I still don’t know how this ridiculous “task” made it to the to-do list but it’s been a major time-suck. Priorities, priorities…

INGREDIENTS:

peach salsa recipe (you can also sub out the peaches for mangos)

(I didn’t list quantities here, make according to how many people you’re feeding – 2-3 per person)
corn tortillas
black beans, salted
chopped avocado, salted and squeezed with a little lime juice
romaine lettuce, sliced
feta cheese, or cheese of your choice (optional)
even more optional – some kind of meat if you wish

METHOD:

Lightly fry tortillas in a pan with a bit of oil – a few minutes on each side, until crispy. Place on paper towels when they’re done and salt them. Alternatively, brush with a little bit of oil and bake them in the oven (a few minutes on each side) until crispy. The time will completely depend on what kind of tortillas you’re using, so just watch them closely.

Top with all of the toppings and serve alongside a couple of margaritas!

1. Eileen from hampiesandwiches.blogspot.com on said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an all peach all the time approach! In fact, that’s perfect for this part of the year. :)

2. have a great time in Chicago! we lived there for 7 years, until last April actually. don’t miss Xoco ;).

3. There is no such thing as too many peach recipes. I was just wondering what I should do with the five going spare in my fruit basket!

4. Andrea from lifebyandreavictoria.com on said:

Oh my goodness! I just found your blog via Pinterest. It is beautiful + yummy. I will be back for more!

5. Mairi @ Toast from toast-nz.com on said:

Beautiful….makes me yearn for summer! (mid winter here in NZ!)

Never apologise for multiple peach recipes in a row! This sounds so wonderful and fresh and summery and just perfect.

Have a wonderful time in Chicago.

7. Laura from thefirstmess.com on said:

Gorgeous and yummy, Jeanine. Peaches and savories all wrapped up in tortillas = party time. Have an amazing time in Chicago :)

8. alison from heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com on said:

Your tortilla’s always make my mouth water, this looks just delicious!
    Best,
    Alison

heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

9. Oh man, these seem so perfect for this crazy hot weather.

10. Heather from sundaymorningbananapancakes.blogspot.com on said:

I love the remake from salad to salsa – fun, colorful and I am sure super tasty!

11. Roz from bellavita-bellasblog.blogspot.com on said:

Adding this to my collection of fresh peach recipes to make with this summer’s spectacularly sweet peaches. Thanks; now following your lovely blog.

12. Pingback: SoCo Farmer’s Market + peach salsa | food photography | Allison Jacobs Photography