Strawberry quinoa & feta salad

I’m excited to be guest posting at Anthology Magazine this month with a 4-part summer salad series! If you can’t tell by now, I live on salads all summer long so I’m excited to share some of my favorites. First up, today, is this savory-with-a punch-of-sweet, strawberry & feta quinoa salad.

Strawberry quinoa & feta salad
Serves: serves 2 as a full meal, 3-4 as a side
  • 1½ c cooked quinoa (3/4 c uncooked, plus 1½ c water)
  • ¾ c sliced strawberries (about 5-6 large strawberries)
  • ½ c chopped or crumbled feta
  • ¼ c chopped mint
  • ¼ c chopped scallions (green and white parts)
  • ⅓ c chopped walnuts, toasted
  • 2 c baby salad greens
  • ¼ c sprouts (optional)
  • Lemon Honey Vinaigrette:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more to drizzle on at the end)
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice (plus a little more to squeeze on at the end)
  • 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
  • ½ garlic clove, minced
  • ½ tsp honey
  • salt & pepper
  1. Cook your quinoa. I like this method.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
  3. Toss all salad ingredients together and pour on the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. I added a final squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
  4. This is the kind of salad that gets better as it sits and the flavors mesh together… so if you have the patience, let it chill for 15-20 minutes before serving. Make extra if you want leftovers for lunch the next day.

If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.

1. Cassie from on said:

This is gorgeous. Heading over for the recipe now.

2. Amelia from on said:

Fruity salads are such a good summer staple! Thanks, this looks delicious.

3. Kankana from on said:

I have very rarely cooked with quinoa and this sounds like something I would like to give a try. With all the berries, it also looks so pretty.

4. Kathryn from on said:

Lovely lovely salad!

5. ATasteOfMadness from on said:

This looks delicious! I`m finally going to try quinoa…It`s first on my shopping list, and I`m going out the door right now :)

• jeanine from on said:

thanks! Hope you liked the quinoa!

6. Sarah from on said:

Oh wow, strawberries and feta – what a great combination! I will be trying this tomorrow after I pick up a load of strawberries from the market. Thank you!

7. Alaina from on said:

This looks excellent! Thanks for sharing!

8. sarah from on said:

Beautiful. And yeah for a salad series! I’ve been so happy to see you getting so much good press and attention! [much deserved].

• jeanine from on said:

Hi Sarah, that’s so sweet of you to say :)

9. sara Morris from on said:

so many of my favorite things. your pictures keep getting more and more gorgeous. nice work, lady

10. Congrats, Jeanine! Salads are all I want to eat this summer.

11. Kasey from on said:

Hooray! That’s fantastic! I love Anthology and am excited to check out your salad recipes. Strawberries + quinoa is a perfect combination.

12. Jacqui from on said:

Made this over the weekend and it was delicious! I left out the cheese (dairy issues) and used a bit of red onion in place of the green, so good!

• jeanine from on said:

glad you liked it, Jacqui!

13. Renee on said:

Thank you for this refreshing recipe, made it over the week for out of town company,perfect for Florida summer night ! Rose wine was the perfect complement

14. Pingback: Pomegranate quinoa salad with strawberry, fetta and mint | musing, photographically.

15. Pingback: Strawberry Quinoa Salad and Sun Dried Tomato Soup | Saucy Pants

16. Pingback: Seasonally Minded: Early Spring Produce | Breathe & Nourish

17. Pingback: Refreshing Summer Salad!!! | FRESH + TWIST

18. Pingback: a berry tour | Love and Lemons

19. Harriet on said:

I may being stupid, but how many does this deliciousness serve?

• jeanine from on said:

I’d say 2 if it’s dinner, 3-4 if it’s a side dish. It would taste good the next day for lunch if you erred on the side of extra :)

Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll update that info in the recipe!

20. Kathi on said:

This is the best summer salad! It is beautiful and delicious. I added avocados and used avocado oil instead of olive oil. Didn’t have champagne vinegar, so substituted white balsamic. This will definitely be my “go-to” salad for potlucks. Thanks for wonderful recipes and beautiful photography.

21. Pingback: feta & harissa fattoush salad | Love and Lemons

22. Pingback: Strawberry and Fraises des Bois recipes

23. Pingback: Eat This Now: Summer Berries - The Local Dish

24. Pingback: Some Current Obsessions | bellasemplicita

25. Pingback: Some Current Obsessions

26. Lenore Stein on said:

This recipe is very refreshing and has a lovely variety of flavors which combine so well! We especially love the addition of the quinoa and toasting it really makes it a delicious addition! This will become a favorite in our home. Thank you so much for sharing it!

27. Pingback: Lighter Days Ahead | Little Red Book

28. Pingback: Friday Fives – Emily Ann

29. Pingback: Spring strawberry recipes

30. Michelle Henry on said:

My first salad with quinoa. Loved it. The family wasn’t sure about the ingredient but I won’t give up. Next going to try the quinoa and apricot salad. And I hope to capture a pic next time for sharing.

• jeanine from on said:

Hi Michelle, so glad you liked it! (hopefully the family comes around :). Hope you like the apricot salad!