avocado & chickpea salad sandwich

This is my new favorite lunch. I saw this recipe onĀ Two Peas & Their Pod a couple of weeks ago and made it right away. And then I made it again the next day… and then the next day after that…

As creative as I like to get at dinnertime, there’s something comforting (and probably a little OCD) about eating the same thing for lunch day in and day out.

Beyond the sandwich, I’ve also been eating scoopfuls of this over mixed greens with chopped cucumbers and other veggies. And this summer, I’ll likely be serving it poolside with chips and margarita’s.

You can find the recipe here. The only thing I changed was that I happened to have a lemon and not a lime, so I squeezed lemon juice in mine instead.

Is anyone else stuck on a particular lunchtime kick?

1. Maria from twopeasandtheirpod.com on said:

I am so glad you enjoyed the sandwich! It is my “go to” lunch! Your photos are stunning!

2. Crystal from poco-cocoa.com on said:

ZOMG this looks so amazing.

3. Nana on said:

Umm… this looks really good. I’m going to try it for sure.

4. Cookie + Kate from cookieandkate.com on said:

I’m not a big sandwich fan, but chickpeas and avocado? I could get into that.

P.s. your captcha code is giving me a bit of trouble. Have you installed Akismet? It does a really good job of catching spam comments!

5. What a great looking sandwich! I’ll have to try it.

6. maggie from zigzagmags.wordpress.com on said:

YUM! definitely going to try this one. looks so easy, i could even make it :)

7. Courtney Jones from thefigtree.blogspot.com on said:

I’m certain I’ve never been more excited about a post ever. *hehe* This looks incredible!!! :)

wow, thanks Courtney!

8. Oh my, this sounds like a welcome change from egg salad! I’ve been on an avocado binge lately, I can’t get too much of it and I love to try it in all kinds of new ways. This sandwich sounds too good to be true – can’t wait to try it!

9. Taylor from greensnchocolate.com on said:

I’m the same way with my lunches…I am so boring when it comes to lunch time! This sandwich looks amazing…I love meatless meals too so definitely going to be trying this out :)

10. amy@currylime from currylime.com on said:

I LOVE avocados, and am always looking for new ways to use them. Many thanks for the recipe!

11. This looks amazing! I have been anxious to try this too. Beautiful photo!

ha, thanks! I thought so too when I first came across the recipe :)

12. Pingback: What' target='_blank's for dinner?: 4 recipe ideas | MondoMom

13. Alexandra from veggiewithacause.blogspot.com on said:

This looks great! Secretly, I love bringing peanut butter (freshly ground from honey roasted peanuts) and jelly for lunch. Shhhh. And on days that I bring something else, I find myself craving a good ol’ PB&J.

14. Asiya from chocolateandchillies.blogspot.com on said:

I also saw this on Two Peas in a Pod and pinned it…haven’t had a chance to make it yet….looks great!

15. stephanie on said:

Thanks for sharing this! I put the filling in little corn tortillas and topped it with salsa – also really tasty as tacos!

16. So this is like hummus meets guacamole? Pretty clever!

17. Amy B on said:

Yes! This looks very yummy. I too do a different dinner every night (most nights anyway) but I will eat the same thing for lunch 3 days in a row. Lately it has been a Israeli cous cous salad with tomatoes, chickpeas and lemons.

18. Pingback: Link Love – Happy Friday! |

19. jody on said:

great recipie

mmm, sounds good… love the idea of it with the mustard!

20. Shelley B on said:

This recipe made me so hungry, I left work for an early lunch to go make this! I didn’t have any cilantro so I diced up a red onion and used lemon juice instead of lime. It was absolutely incredible!

21. Pingback: White Bean and Avocado Spread | Life at the Circle

22. Pingback: Recipes I wanna make | NomAppetit.com

23. Pingback: What' target='_blank's for dinner?: 4 recipe ideas | Engineer Mommy